Is there any way to get GM part #17802272 Clear 3rd Brake light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Is there any way to get GM part #17802272 Clear 3rd Brake light in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I purchased a 08 STS-V and it has the clear Euro taillights and I think it looks odd with the ...
    tah93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V Black Raven w/ Tango Red

Is there any way to get GM part #17802272 Clear 3rd Brake light

I purchased a 08 STS-V and it has the clear Euro taillights and I think it looks odd with the red 3rd brake light. I would prefer to find the clear 3rd brake light instead of having the red one tinted in an attempt to make it blend in more.

I have tried searching online auctions, called a couple of larger GM parts warehouses, posing a WTB listing in the classifieds.
    Is there anyway to get ahold of one of these?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    When in doubt go to cadillac.com, contact us and send them an email. has worked out beautifully for me. Cadillac seems to take great care you once you own their product.

pjeter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    look at D3 I think they carry a 3rd brake light that is clear as far as getting on from cadillac good luck

Re: Is there any way to get GM part #17802272 Clear 3rd Brake light

Quote Originally Posted by cstarky15 View Post
    When in doubt go to cadillac.com, contact us and send them an email. has worked out beautifully for me. Cadillac seems to take great care you once you own their product.
    Tried D3 they do not have any in stock but are tryimg to locate one for me for the last 2 weeks.

Carlosg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STs v
    Good luck I order cai 1 n 2 in August last year I want the polished one but I got the black one then for now when polished was available I would get it. Now they tell me it not available. D3 good products service no!

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

try rippy cadillac .. hes a vendor here ..he said he could get brake lights ..might have this too

Quote Originally Posted by fast_lane10 View Post
    try rippy cadillac .. hes a vendor here ..he said he could get brake lights ..might have this too
    Just tried them they do not have any and they did not see any in inventory in the US.

Is there a Euro/International version?
    I figured since there is a US taillight and a Euro tailight there might be 2 different part numbers for 3rd brake lights?

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Why not get cadillac themselves involved?

there is a euro version for tail lights and American accessory. They look pretty much the same except euro versions have an extra strip of Amber LEDs. As far as high mount light is concerned they seem same to me in both euro and American accessory version. This vendor on ebay has some tail lights, i would call him and ask for the center light who knows he might source one for you if not 5 minutes on phone is all you will waste.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-STS...8a69cd&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by cstarky15 View Post
    Why not get cadillac themselves involved?
    Tried that already. They said there was nothing they could do the part has been discontinued for some time now.
    They offered to work with me and the local dealership to give me a discount on the red taillights to match. I said thanks but no thanks.

there is a euro version for tail lights and American accessory. They look pretty much the same except euro versions have an extra strip of Amber LEDs. As far as high mount light is concerned they seem same to me in both euro and American accessory version. This vendor on ebay has some tail lights, i would call him and ask for the center light who knows he might source one for you if not 5 minutes on phone is all you will waste.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-STS...8a69cd&vxp=mtr
    I already contacted that seller. He doesn't have any 3rd brake lights and doesn't think he will ever get any. I did buy a set of the Euro tailights from him to replace the US clears (which will become spares) that are on it now. He was willing to negotiate a discounted shipped price for the set. I just received them yesterday and they were packed perfectly in plastic wrap and many layers of bubble wrap in a huge box. He lists them as used but they look brand new, no dust or grime on them any where the foam seals on the mounting posts are brand new. The lenses are clean and scratch free. If you are looking for a pair you wont be disappointed.

I am open to any other suggestions.
    If anyone has one that is considering selling it I will pay top dollar and give them my Red one in return.

I bought an American accessory tail light from that seller to complete my set ..and I agree with you he is a nice guy to deal with .. I actually went to his store ..I have been debating about getting euro but that will make three sets of tail lights and I don't want that many ..

I bought an American accessory tail light from that seller to complete my set ..and I agree with you he is a nice guy to deal with .. I actually went to his store ..I have been debating about getting euro but that will make three sets of tail lights and I don't want that many ..
    Is there any difference in appearance between the 2 other than the row of Amber turn signal lights?
    My car has not arrived yet so I can't compare the 2 side by side

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Can we not get atleast 5 of us to prepay? who made d3's lights for them?

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    I bought the euro spec lights from d3 I like having amber LEDs now if I could get some white LEDs on the front

http://youtu.be/kdKg-7Ehu_U

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.