Cadillac STS-V Performance Modifications - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Performance Modifications in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Re: Finally finished getting some of my proformace mods done. Here is a list of all my mods with price ...
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Cadillac STS-V Performance Modifications

Re: Finally finished getting some of my proformace mods done.

Here is a list of all my mods with price of each. So other v owners looking to mod their car can see what it will cost and how much hp can be had in the end. Note most of my mods are custom. And prices listed are from memory they are very close but don't quote them. The list will go from first to latest mod. Ryan
    1. Windo tint $275
    2. Custom CAI $475
    3. Custom heat shield $40
    4. Custom ram air set up $15
    5. Exhaust installed $275
    6. New k&n filter $85
    7. Custom dyno tunes to date $1000 3-15-12
    8. Meth kit with 4gal tank $800
    9. 295/35/19-255/40/18 bfgs kdw tires $1,000
    10. Custom painted wheels $80
    11. Snake bite supercharger $1,400 now 1,800 + price of new supercharger. Up date 3-15-12
    12. Resized injectors $175
    13. Seals and other parts for supercharger install $225
    14. Ngk tr7ix plugs $116
    15. 160 thermostat $14
    16. Custom heat extractor hood still in shop. $1,500
    17. Larger Front mount heat exchanger $200
    18. Smoking a s63amg price less.

Stock car ran 13.0@106 1.98 60ft dynoed 358rwhp
    Cai/exhaust/tune dyno 378rwhp
    Now 12.14@114 1.89 60ft dyno 476/480rwhp/t.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxwxi...e_gdata_player

I would not recommend the snakebite to any one. I have spent double trying to fix it. And the shop that did the work did not stand behind their work at all. They were the most unprofessional people I have ever delt with. They told me it was my falt yet the new supercharger works fine under the same driving go figure. So be warned. I makes good power but only stays together for 700-1000 miles. I redid it my self last week so we will see how that goes. So the total for all mods is. $10,875 not counting labor so it's well over $12k but I do have the fastest Stsv. Hope this helps out. I will post time slips and dynos tomorrow.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Now 12.14@114 1.89 60ft dyno 476/480rwhp/t.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxwxi...e_gdata_player
    Thank you! Is that on street tires? Or what? Also - what do you think you'd be running without the snackbite? Maybe an idea with all your mods and stock supercharger or, perhaps, another?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    No shit....You from the capital region? I live right outside of albany. Redline closed shop and moved down south last I heard. They arent well liked in the local car community
    I'm not local, from Long Island. I didn't have much of an option down here - only horror stories from local shops and they'll price gouge you to death. Took the day off work and made a day out of it. I don't think they've moved - they had a pretty robust business going on when I was there with close ties to an Albany Chevy dealer for special 'Motion' cars. I spent the whole day hanging out with the owner and the two techs working in the shop; they're pretty cool car guys and very personable. I don't know a thing about their reputation amongst the capital region car community but they do great work and Howard is 100x easier to deal with and get in contact with than some well-known shop on this forum from Warsaw, IN.

People, it seems so many people on this site have done at-least some amount of work to their cars. This thread has over 300views and just 15 reply's and most haven't been of substance. Let's get a solid database going here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Thank you! Is that on street tires? Or what? Also - what do you think you'd be running without the snackbite? Maybe an idea with all your mods and stock supercharger or, perhaps, another?
    Yes on Bfg street tires. With all mods less the snakebite the car went 12.8@109 1.92 60ft. I know some have run that fast stock but it was ok from stock of 13.0@106 1.98

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood_STSV View Post
    100x easier to deal with and get in contact with than some well-known shop on this forum from Warsaw, IN.
    For the record, I've had nothing but great success stories with above mentioned well-known shop from Warsaw, IN. Also, the owner has always returned every one of my calls, and I've always been able to contact him within 24 hours. I think peoples expectations may be too high for a one person shop that charges 25% of all the other shops, but delivers 125% results.

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well I haven't done too much to my car as I've only had it for a 4 months now. But I did buy a spectre stage 1 & 2 intake for a combined total of $249.99 from streetside auto. The car came with window tint that I haven't measured but would put it at 40% Front and 35% in the rear windows. Will get a picture of it when I can. I do plan on exhaust of some kind and will post that up when I get it.

As far as repairs...Well I have had 2 wheel bearings replaced, radiator, transmission, battery, DRL and parking lights replaced, and a steering wheel switch (which was the wrong one, but cadillac couldn't get me the right one. They put me on the wait list of new steering wheels which probably won't ever come. They did take care of me in a different way just await it to arrive.) All of my repairs were covered CPO style minus the light bulbs and battery.

I love this car and will drive it for awhile!

parkeraire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' sts-v

I have a stage 1&2 spectre intake, ngktr7ix plugs, tinted windows 35% front 20% rears. Have had the car for about a year with no problems. Love the car! Next mod is going to be exhaust, if I can ever decide on one. Then it's off to j&j performance for a dyno tune.

I only drive it on the weekends, and vacations to orlando.

There's a lot of people claiming big numbers on this forum and not one member besides me has posted up a dyno sheet? What gives people?

I posted a video of 12.1 @114 that beats a dyno all day. IMO
    bigjohnjps likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    I posted a video of 12.1 @114 that beats a dyno all day. IMO
    You are literary the only person I didn't intend on this being directed at! hahah.

I do want to post it and my time slips up just have not had time. You are right though no one else has dynos/videos up.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

I posted up 3 dyno sheets, with a 4th to come this friday.

leija_01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

I have stock dyno sheets, I believe, and some with tune. i'll look for them as well!

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

I posted 2.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

ERIKdaSHIT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

i installed a 2004 cobra LFP duel pass heat exchanger on my car. In my opinion looks better and fits better than the single pass frozen boost hx. i paid 270 for the hx and 50 bucks to have brackets welded on, so a little more than the frozen boost.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.