These Key Fobs kinda blow - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, These Key Fobs kinda blow in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Thanks I'll start searching for one I appreciate your input....
    KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle
    Thanks I'll start searching for one I appreciate your input.

Re: These Key Fobs kinda blow

anyone have a part # My buddy gave me 3 of them from newer years but none have the spot for a key to slide in

mprice1975 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS, 2007 STS-V

Dont know how much interest people have in doing this but I just bought some upgraded fobs (source sold me two for much less than $600/set the dealership wanted (WTF!!!) and I was able to code them myself for the car. I can provide the instructions and connect you with the guy who is out of Tulsa if you want a new set. Apparently our cars will do allow you to program up to 4 key fobs total so I'm keeping my old set live just incase for emergencies. Its nice not having to cary both the key and fob.... (it really is the little things right?)

Mike

how much and did you use a tech 2 to program ?

Guy wanted $75/fob. Told me he'd cut $10 off the price if I'd send him the info on programming it once I had it nailed down. I'll post it below for you guys as well. Was hoping to get him down to $50 each as a special for our community but thus far he's ignoring that part of my follow-up emails.

You can reach him via RemoteKeyFob@gmail.com
    I dont have the buisness card handy or I'd give you the rest of his info...Anyhow it was worth it not to have to cary around my fob and key. Now I just have the fob with hidden key and all of 4 of the fobs I have work fine as backups in case the worst happens and I loose or break one of these things.

1. Vehicle must be off
    2. Have the recognized transmitter and the new unrecognized transmitters with you.
    3. Insert the vehicle key into the key lock cylider located on the outside of the drivers door.
    4. Turn the key to the unlock position 5x within 5 seconds.
    5. The drivers information center will display "Ready for Fob #X" (can program up to 4 total)
    6. Place the new unrecognized transmitter into the transmitter pocket with the transmitter buttons facing the front of the vehicle. (The transmitter pocket is inside the center console storage area between the front seats)
    7. Once the transmitter is programmed, a beep will sound. The DIC will display "Ready for #X
    8. Remove the newly programmed fob and press the unlock button on the remote two times.
    9. Test the remote.

After that all I had to do was get the blank cut by a locksmith vs. the local hardware store since it doesn't fit like the standard automatic key machines they use at Home Depot/Ace etc..

Just emailed him as well did he send you a blank and the fob for $75

Does the passive locking and unlocking work with updated fob ?

All functions work ie remote start trunk ?

I tried to program the ones I have and it was just stuck at ready for fob 3 for a couple minutes so I am going to assume the are not programable I think they are from newer years.

Yes, everything works. He sold it to me for $65 but his price was $75. He discounted it 10 bucks cause he wasn't sure it could be programmed to work. I told him people on the forum said it could be and the discount was to confirm and send him the instructions.

----------

are the ones you have for the STS vs. DTS or SRX? Those two apparently wont work. The one he sent me had a sticker on it saying 418 (guessing it was his reference code for the correct style).

Ill post some pictures of the guts on these ones I got

----------

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

would some one confirm that this will work ..sent couple of emails to above listed guy (RemoteKeyFob@gmail.com ) i guess he doesn't want my business ..and for this only 5 dollars more

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2012-CA...6ffd2c&vxp=mtr

I called him as well out of stock mprice bought him out so he is looking for more

I am not going to wait for this guy if someone confirms that the listing i posted above is the right key fob. I want to have it in my hands before the weekend if possible

looks to be right one think the main things is that there is a hidden sliding key for our cars. Mine do not have them therefore do not work you can always return with that company if it dosent work.

silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfLacs View Post
    Anyone with the 06-07 STS-V done a 08 Fob yet how hard was it did you need a tech 2 to program?
    Tech 2 isn't needed -- just 30 minutes of your time and start the fob learning procedure in the manual (insert key in door, turn 5 times, etc)

*The key is not having any of the old fobs near the vehicle when you program your 08+ ones.

Sorry guys, been away from the forum for a while. Hope everyone is finding the information usefull. Sorry the advertised connection isn't returning calls/emails. I met him at the goodguys show. Hopefully in the future he will be more responsibe. I dont know about you guys but I feel better about doing buisness in person than on the internet and it was nice to see the equipment before dropping the dollars.

So i bought the key fob from the above mentioned vendor on ebay heres the link again http://www.ebay.com/itm/190646844716...84.m1497.l2649

I ordered it on a Thursday received the shipment on Saturday.. nicely packed. This is a brand new key fob with a blank. I programmed it as 3rd fob on my car .. took 1 minute altogether..works perfectly fine ..car opens up fine .. starts ..trunk opens up fine ..tried remote start ..lights flash but car doesn't start .. which means the fob works fine but being the third fob the car wont type. All this implies that this remote is perfectly fine for our cars...If anybody wants to buy one this is a great source . I am planning to erase all fobs and reprogram this as first fob .. btw the number of the fob is also 1 ..if that matters to anyone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.