Cadillac Owners Forum banner

quater mile help

773 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  CMNTMXR57 
#1 ·
I have a stock 2006 sts-v with right at 100k miles on it. I dont know much about these cars but bought one because of the killer deal I got on it. Now I took it to the track and was expecting a 13.2 or 13.3, but ran a 14.1... Could someone with more knowledge about these cars please enlighten me about common horsepower-robbing factors of higher mileage sts-v. Also upgrades that would be the most helpful for the money. IE intake, exhaust, cooler plugs.. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
My car had 67,000 on it the first time I went to the track on stock runflat tires ran 13.02@106 on a 1.98 60ft I drove 2hrs to the track and ran with in 10mins of geting to the track. Car had 1/2 tank of gas and 32psi in the tires. What was the temp at the track when you ran and what was your 60ft time and trap speed.

#4 ·
i know i know, high milage, but paid 10k under blue book, not bad. but the track was fairly warm for the night, mid 70's id say. Couldnt find my slip but my 60 time was around 2.1 or so, and trap speed was around 104. My biggest hurt was probably my absolute full tank of gas.. but my track times isnt what bothers me so much.. Im just trying to find out what is robbing my horse power so I can upgrade/ replace it.

#5 ·
Dont take this the wrong way but it's not the car with a 104 trap speed it's your driving/60ft get the 60ft down and trap speed will go up and et will come down. My car ran 13.02@106 1.98 60ft with 364rwhp/348tq. These cars are hard to launch with out spinning practice makes perfect.

#6 ·
haha no offense taken, ive raced at the track maybe ten times, 8 of which were in my mustang. So I dont consider my self a pro my any means. But off the topic of 1/4 and back to just the car, Any ideas on horsepower effecting parting wearing out at this high of milage?

#7 ·
I now have 74,800 on mine and keep geting more out of it every time I retune. With all my mods I'm now at 461/482rwhp/tq and ran a 11.9@113. So I think you may have lost a fue hp but 104 trap stock is not bad. Get the trans in the car tuned it will be night and day better. And the engine to but don't expect at lot stock. Maybe 360/370 with a tune. 380/400 with CAI I would say sounds right. Exhaust is only good for 5hp give our take. Unless you gut the cats like I did then 10/15 hp can be had. With tuning for it. I would get a CAI from pga2b and a dyno tune and exhaust if you want it loud and have fun.

#9 ·
Yep give me a call. I have plenty on my shelf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.