Cadillac Owners Forum banner

supercharger pulley?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  PGA2B 
#1 ·
ok so i found out that our cars have a eaton m122 supercharger and what i researchd is that the gt500 have the same supercharger as us which is the eaton m122 5th gen .....

so now im wondering can a 2.6 pulley for the gt5000 fit our cars?
and if yes is it a direct bolt on ???

#2 ·
Read my previous posts to you about this.

#5 ·
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/241013-ok-new-post-mods-info.html

Ok, Here goes.

1. If you like your exhaust keep it that way. Without mufflers and the resonator yours is flowing as free as it could get with out gutting your cats.
2. The Spectre is the cheapest option for intakes and IMHO the most gain for the $$$. D3 also has an intake but it is $712.95 delivered. Mine is $450 delivered.
3. Jesse (Wait4me) is the only one that has a handheld programmer for our cars. EFI Live and HP Tuner require you to tune it yourself or get a dyno tune and are Laptop or Computer based.
4. The D3 is a Crank pulley and the one I have and 550HP STSV have were for the snout of the Grand Prix GTP and modified to fit the STS-V.
5. The Cadillac STS-V (2006-2009) featured the 4.4L DOHC VVT LC3 V8 with a custom Eaton M122 Supercharger and integrated intercooler.
6. NO
7. 8
8. In the 1/4 should be mid to low 12's and I have no idea for the 1/8.

Stock you should run 13.2
It is a modified GTP pulley system.

#6 ·
Jaime, honestly, I don't see where you answered his question though. Granted, I perhaps am not seeing the whole context of the communication the two of you had, so obviously I may be missing something.

What I can see, is that He asked if a ford GT500's 2.6" pulley will fit? Not what D3's setup is, and not about the modified Pontiac Grand Prix GTP pulley that You and 550 have, is.

At the end of the day, I don't understand why people want to overdrive this blower without addressing the cooling mechanism. Yes, making more boost normally equals more power. Problem is, all extra boost from overdriving the blower on this car does, is create more heat, heat that the stock I/C setup can't take out with the stock setup to start with.

#8 ·
Jaime, honestly, I don't see where you answered his question though.

What I can see, is that He asked if a ford GT500's 2.6" pulley will fit?
Ok, first off for the record it is Jamie not Jaime...... Next, no one on this forum has tried the Mustang system to my knowledge so he will just have to try it himself and see if it works. I was trying to tell him in all the other threads he has on this that the only one known to work is a modified GTP System.

IMHO the OP is trying to find a cheap way to HP and it does not exist.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.