Will a Front Wheel Mount on the Rear?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Will a Front Wheel Mount on the Rear? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Will a front wheel fit on the rear and clear the caliper. I have a front Hankook Ventus V12 with ...
    CQQL_STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon ROT/Black, Auto, Polished Wheels

Will a Front Wheel Mount on the Rear?

Will a front wheel fit on the rear and clear the caliper.

I have a front Hankook Ventus V12 with a bubble on the sidewall.
    I purchased a replacement tire because they said I hit a pot hole and damaged the tire.
    The tire only has about 5k miles on it and I can't see throwing it away.
    I was thinking about buying a front rim (or a whole set of chrome ones) and using the wheel as a spare.
    I figure I have a 50/50 chance of blowing out a front tire but you know how Murphy's Law works.

Charlie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

Re: Will a Front Wheel Mount on the Rear?

You won't want to run 2 different size tire combinations on either side of a limited slip differential. Keep it for the front if you must, but I wouldn't use it on the rear.

Better bet would be to get the temporary plug kits (they run under $10), and an air compressor to fix a flat. Won't help with a blowout though. I've used the plugs with great results before - just make sure you have it properly fixed when you can.

CQQL_STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon ROT/Black, Auto, Polished Wheels

Re: Will a Front Wheel Mount on the Rear?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme70SS View Post
    You won't want to run 2 different size tire combinations on either side of a limited slip differential. Keep it for the front if you must, but I wouldn't use it on the rear.

Better bet would be to get the temporary plug kits (they run under $10), and an air compressor to fix a flat. Won't help with a blowout though. I've used the plugs with great results before - just make sure you have it properly fixed when you can.
    Great idea!!
    Leaving on Thursday for Watkins Glen, NY. I don't want to get stuck on the way out, the way back or on the race track on Saturday.
    I will pick up a compressor and plug kit tomorrow.

Thank you,
    Charlie

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.