Thinking about selling my V.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Thinking about selling my V..... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; After much thinking i have come to the conclusion....i think i need to sell my V im 21 and opening ...
    Rigo Torres is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

Unhappy Thinking about selling my V.....

After much thinking i have come to the conclusion....i think i need to sell my V im 21 and opening my own shop im half way through but need just a bit more equipment this is a rebuilt title car and just in case any of my felo V owners know someone that might be interested let me know....we win some we lose some, cant win um all.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Thinking about selling my V.....

Post some details and maybe someone lurking might be interested. Not everyone who reads this forum is an owner.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Don't want to hijack his thread but I am selling mine as well. Maybe we should just do a single post with people considering to sell their cars. I don't think I have the ability to post in classified section since I have no PM abilities.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

hello all, i also am planning on selling my v.

Rigo Torres is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

damn found more sellers then buyers..ok thats it im taking it to an auction lol

Big_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

thinking about selling mine also, parts are rare and warranty is up. 07 black on black 28k miles. mercedes has offered me $21k trade in value :-S

AnthonyS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V
    The dealer where Im from offered me 32k for mine about 2 months ago. Tempting, but the rarity of this car was more important to me at the time.

tricksta1984 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet!

I'm in the market to buy one and the dealership of the one i was looking at is taking there sweet time to get back to me so.....All you guys that are selling them wanna email me (claricd@gmail.com) or post here if its ok (not sure) i dont know if i cant pm's yet or not or how that all works (new member) anyways if you could email tell me all the details of your car mods mileage etc and price of course pictures help to...Just any and all info on the car what u've done what u've had done who worked on it whos tune it is etc make my life alot easier so i wouldnt have to go trollin through threads and what not...thanks

how much you looking to spend?

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

The rarity thing is beginning to wear thin on me. Maybe that’s because I also have two very limited production GM vehicles in the driveway, one of which, has many parts needing specific order from Australia, *IF* they’re even made anymore. Otherwise you’re left to your own devices. I had to do that for simple preventative maintenance on the cooling system of the Australian wonder.

The problem with the Caddy is two fold. Limited parts, higher prices to boot from the get-go.

AnthonyS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    The rarity thing is beginning to wear thin on me. Maybe that’s because I also have two very limited production GM vehicles in the driveway, one of which, has many parts needing specific order from Australia, *IF* they’re even made anymore. Otherwise you’re left to your own devices. I had to do that for simple preventative maintenance on the cooling system of the Australian wonder.

The problem with the Caddy is two fold. Limited parts, higher prices to boot from the get-go.
    I completely understand what you mean. The maintenance that these cars entail are expensive and tedious. When it runs and behaves like it should, I just can't see myself getting rig of it anytime soon. I was thinking about parting with it for a Porsche ceyenne turbo s so I could still have the hp and room for the family, I decided against it because the front monitor was smaller that the STS. I know it isn't that big of a deal to some, but with long drives to Vegas and SF, a bigger screen to watch is something I want. I do love this car, when it behaves....

what part do you need for your G8/GTO?

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Heater hoses. GM discontinued them.

Then the hose that supposedly "fit" the car, the upper radiator hose that I got from Napa, didn't fit either. It was about two inches too short. I actually balked at getting it (ordering it), the week before when I was at the former local Pontiac dealer ordering the two other lower radiator hoses I needed (which NAPA didn't carry), knowing that Napa had this upper one and it was much cheaper than GM.

Anyway, fast forward to the day I was doing it, it was a Sunday afternoon. So I was left to my own devices on that one when I found it didn't fit. I ended up going to Menard's, scavenging the plumbing section for some straight tubing, cut the hose in half, and clamped the straight tubing in place between the two halves of the hose. It's holding until I can get an actual OEM replacement hose from Australia.

The heater hoses (the discontinued parts), I also had to make with 45* bends from the plumbing section at the local Home Depot, mimicing as close as I could, the original hose layouts. The reason I replaced them in the first place, is because there seemed to be that most of the first GTO's that came over, had clear coat overspray in the engine compartment someway/somehow (not sure how a hose would've been in the car when it was getting sprayed, but...), so with that, and being 6.5 years old, they were looking nasty and soft.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.