Last Resort For Help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Last Resort For Help in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I had the same problem with my old 2006 STS-V. Went to the dealer three separate times. 1st they replaced ...
    flyingv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V 6MT

Re: Last Resort For Help

I had the same problem with my old 2006 STS-V. Went to the dealer three separate times. 1st they replaced the coolant senor, then they replaced the thermostat, finally they reprogrammed the ecm (there was an update around that time) and the problem went away. A thermostat is a very simple mechanical device so I find it hard to believe you could have a defective one. If you still have the problem after the new t-stat let me know and I'll dig up all the paperwork from the dealer to help you out. Good luck.

AnthonyS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Thank you very much. It's at the dealer now, been there since 8:30 this morning (4:40pm now) Hopefully it's something easily fixed. Once I get it back today I'll post what the verdict was.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

let us know!

Just got a call from the dealer. It WAS pulling, P0126 -Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Stable Operation

They also seen and are currently fixing the shifter because I started getting a "Shift into Park" message. Glad that I will be getting a perfectly working car finally. Thats again for all your help.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

So are they putting in a 180* then?

The Shift to park is the Neutral Saftey Switch or as GM calls it "Transmission Position Sensor". Glad they are fixing that too? Is this warranty work or are you bellying up to the plate?

Yeah they're putting a 180 back in. The paperwork shows they tried to adjust the shift linkage with no luck fixing it. They suggested replacing the shift control assembly. Do you think the sensor needs to be replaced instead of the whole assembly?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

It is probably going to be the netural saftey switch that I refered to. If you search for all post by me you can find other threads that talk about this.

I'll do that, thank you. Looked at your Dreaded "Shift into Park" thread. I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and tell them about this, hopefully they will cover it since it's an internal part.

Just left the dealer service, they said they need to replace the whole thing. Does the sensor have a part # that I can have another mechanic replace?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.