Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Guaging Interest in selling my Gibson

868 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  cmross97 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing my Gibson STAINLESS axle back. Used for aprox. 2k miles. I can get my hands on Corsa set up REALLY CHEAP. But dont need 2 extra exhausts laying around (Gibson and stock). It is over $430 new, was thinking $300 plus shipping. Not gonna lie was a lil bit of a pain to get lined up PERFECT, just took some extra time to get it juuusssst right. And it does have some drone under 2k rpms if under a load. But sounds sweeeet. I will sell for the right offer, or just hang onto if not.

#3 ·
:lies:

FYI.....

That is not the Stainless version, that is Aluminized. The Stainless is the 616000 and selling for $422 on the bay and I have them in stock for $413. So $300 is not bad.

#6 ·
Do you drive your v through the snow?
Yes I do. It is my DD and we had lots of snow last year. Not everyone has cash out the wazoo like you and can afford multiple cars:cool2:!! Some of us use this car for our DD.

#9 ·
Even standard stainless mufflers will surface rust. All Magnaflow's I have, have done this on a DD's driven in rain/snow do. As such, I painted them silver with a high temp (header) paint. I usually do them once a year and I think they look better than just leaving them looking like Stainless. Of course I have a silver car, so it works. But even my black Bonneville GXP beforehand, I did the same to and it looked great from behind and those mufflers show more than ours do. I also did the pipes leading up to the mufflers.

Obviously I didn't pop for the high polished stainless setup.

#12 ·
Even standard stainless mufflers will surface rust. All Magnaflow's I have, have done this on a DD's driven in rain/snow do. As such, I painted them silver with a high temp (header) paint. I usually do them once a year and I think they look better than just leaving them looking like Stainless. Of course I have a silver car, so it works. But even my black Bonneville GXP beforehand, I did the same to and it looked great from behind and those mufflers show more than ours do. I also did the pipes leading up to the mufflers.

Obviously I didn't pop for the high polished stainless setup.
I believe magnaflow is 409 stainless so it will get some SURFACE oxidation, Gibson also uses 409 but higher quality exhaust is usually 304 stainless ie corsa borla etc.

Anyways my Corsa is going on within the next week so then the gibson is up for sale if anyone wants it. Best offer takes it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.