Let the fun begin!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Let the fun begin! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Today I picked up my pulley system. I had a 2.8" (Stock Pulley), 2.6", 2.5" and 2.4" made. I expect ...
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Let the fun begin!

Today I picked up my pulley system. I had a 2.8" (Stock Pulley), 2.6", 2.5" and 2.4" made. I expect to need new injectors around the 2.5 and smaller. I am also replacing the stock idler pulley with either a 90mm or 100mm to wrap the belt better and try to avoid belt slip. After I get results I will post those also. In the spring I will be porting the Supercharger up to the Snake Bite stage and measure any additional gains from that. Should show really nice gains but who knows, we'll just have to see what happens. I have another set of goodies showing up Friday that I will post once they get here.

It will be a few weeks before I get it put on because I have to machine down the snout and this is my DD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bruce Nunnally is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac STS-V Spectre CAI, Corsa

Re: Let the fun begin!

Nice progress. Looking forward to your results.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Looks sweet! Keep an eye on fuel pressure before you do injectors. I think you'll need a boost a pump before you'll need injectors. I'd look for belt slip before changing the idler too but it can't hurt to do it anyway.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

You may need injectors sooner. According to my tuner, I run out of injectors with Spectre Intake and Corsa exhaust at 6700 rpm.

Bob

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

my tuner also said we needed injectors before any pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    You may need injectors sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    my tuner also said we needed injectors before any pulleys.
    Relax young Grasshoppers.......

I said I have MORE goodies on the way........

cmross97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 97 Camaro SS 490rwhp, 02 Jeep GC

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Today I picked up my pulley system. I had a 2.8" (Stock Pulley), 2.6", 2.5" and 2.4" made. I expect to need new injectors around the 2.5 and smaller. I am also replacing the stock idler pulley with either a 90mm or 100mm to wrap the belt better and try to avoid belt slip. After I get results I will post those also. In the spring I will be porting the Supercharger up to the Snake Bite stage and measure any additional gains from that. Should show really nice gains but who knows, we'll just have to see what happens. I have another set of goodies showing up Friday that I will post once they get here.

It will be a few weeks before I get it put on because I have to machine down the snout and this is my DD.

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

So contrary to what a certain vendor that sells stuff for highly exaggerated prices says, claiming that we need a different crank pulley/harmonic balancer to work with their blower pulley, and subsequently including it in their "package", it would stand to prove that they're once again incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    So contrary to what a certain vendor that sells stuff for highly exaggerated prices says, claiming that we need a different crank pulley/harmonic balancer to work with their blower pulley, and subsequently including it in their "package", it would stand to prove that they're once again incorrect?
    I don't want start any vendor bashing here. Since I have had my V I wanted a Modular Pulley System like I had on my Grand Prix GTP and was told "Can't be done" by that same company that told me "Good Luck with that" on building an Air Intake system and we all know how that turned out. So enough said there.

Tim proved YES IT CAN be done. Maybe the other vendor thought that because the pulley was pressed that no one would want to go through the hassle of pulling it off for fear of damaging something and ruining the Supercharger that can not be repaired by parts because it is only sold as the entire unit. I am just taking it a bit further because Tim only goes down to a 2.55" and I wanted smaller. I can get this setup down to a 2.3" if I wanted. Now there are several factors that yet I do not know. Like how far can we safely turn the snout before we run into the bearing, and where will belt slip some into play, when will injectors be needed, the extra heat factor from over spinning the blower, etc.... For me this is just the first step of many.

As we go farther down the Mod road we find hurdles that have never been seen before and we all need to work together to find these limiting factors and resolve them. This "mine is better than yours" has to stop. We are in "uncharted" territory going forward and we will find the limits of the car and hopefully overcome them. Maybe even eventually we can get a better Intercooler core to help our blower cool off so we don't all have to go Turbo like Tim (not that it is a bad thing by any means) to see the full potential. The only way we can find the true limit is to share information.

I just wanted to show off my cool pulleys!!
    GizmoQ and GizmoQ like this.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I would like a modular setup also. I loved it on my GTP too. So this is why I'm happy to see other options come/coming out.

I thought about doing this too (through the local speed shop I use), just as a test mule on my own. It can't be too hard to source pulley's. Plenty of S/C GM vehicles running around here, even a few of them ferds with blowers on them... Surely something could be easily "sourced" and made to work with our snouts.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Can't wate to see the #,s you can get. I will have new numbers of my own after this weekend. I will finally get to see if the h/e and a working pump help. Good luck and keep us posted. Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Can't wate to see the #,s you can get. I will have new numbers of my own after this weekend. I will finally get to see if the h/e and a working pump help. Good luck and keep us posted. Ryan
    My number won't be like the Snake Bite but it will be interesting to see with the pulley vs with the pulley AND port job.

So you put in the Meziere? The HE and pump will help. Mine did not get as high at WOT and the big difference was the cool down time and was able to get to the before WOT run temps as before the pump it never quite got back to the original temps.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Congrats.... Now this is what this forum needs more people like you. Keep up the good work and keep creating these mods. I know it takes time and effort to get these things from design to production phase but the forum really prospers from your hard work. If you bring these products to market everyone here should definitely thank your efforts.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Any news yet I want ###s lol. Keep us posted. Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Patience. I am going out of town and will not be back until Sept 11th. So it will be a few weeks before I get around to installing it.

I will be putting on my springs first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.