Front mount heat exchanger question/issue.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Front mount heat exchanger question/issue..... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Placed a front mount heat exchanger 2 days ago replaced it since i found a small leak well anyway i ...
    Rigo Torres is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

Front mount heat exchanger question/issue.....

Placed a front mount heat exchanger 2 days ago replaced it since i found a small leak well anyway i filled up the resivor and bled out the front mount had the car running filled it till the level was at its correct place, went out thursday night in it, 45 min drive there 45 min drive back friday went into town on beer runs and supplys for cook out and finally today saterday morning i checked out my master piece and after admiring i looked at the small coolant level for the blower and theres nothing there as in no coolant visible yet resivor full.....prior to this the car wasnt driven for weeks after finding the leak; is it possible the coolant drained completely from the Luminova cores or maybe ones leaking if so wouldnt it smoke out some steam through the exhaust and is the black canister type deal under the crank pulley some sort of water pump to help circulate... this/these car can cause quite the brain fart....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Front mount heat exchanger question/issue.....

So you are saying the fill "T" has no fluid in it when it is cooled? If your overfill tank is full you should be good. Are you seeing any fluid on the ground anywhere or on the cover under the motor?

no im not seeing any fluid there and im talking about the 3 inch tall tube type indicater next to the blower on the passenger side i filled it up but havent checked since i havent driven it but no drip anywhere still cheking it all....... it is now sitting on a tarp to see what falls on it over night.....

Ok, you might still have some air trapped in there somewhere. What you might do is to keep topping it off for the next few days and see if that fixes it. I had to do that for a few days even though I could have sworn it was full and there was no air left. I turned on my pump when I filled it to make sure I had no air and it still had some.......

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Ok, you might still have some air trapped in there somewhere. What you might do is to keep topping it off for the next few days and see if that fixes it. I had to do that for a few days even though I could have sworn it was full and there was no air left. I turned on my pump when I filled it to make sure I had no air and it still had some.......
    ok i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going crazy myself ill chek it out for the followin few days ill let u know what happens thanks man...

No problem. I was thinking I had a leak too. I would have bet the farm that I didn't have any air in it.......

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

jamie did you put in the new pump yet?

Emailed ya!

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

You can also fill it by taking the small plate near the back of the supercharger off and topping it off from their that's what I do. Then fill the tube up.

....still disapearing.......... no leaks.....

Is the reservoir full? If it is full the overflow will leak out of the top of it (Don't Ask). Check around each of your connections to make sure you are not leaking there.

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post

Is the reservoir full? If it is full the overflow will leak out of the top of it (Don't Ask). Check around each of your connections to make sure you are not leaking there.
    NO LEAKS........now im wishing there was one but i drove it today (rare since its a weekend car) and ill pull it in my "work are" and check hopefully the "air" is out soo we'll see to lazy right now to get up n go check haha but hopefully it was trapped air like u said.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.