Most likely my last day with the V.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Most likely my last day with the V. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys. Well this morning has been fun and it's a reminder of why I love the V so much. ...
    chrisngo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Stealth Grey

Most likely my last day with the V.

Hey guys. Well this morning has been fun and it's a reminder of why I love the V so much.

I live in San Diego and I work in Carlsbad. I have the opportunity to take the inside roads of Rancho Santa Fe when I want to relax and get away from freeway traffic. This is a small rich town with it's fair share of twisty roads. I made it a point to go this route early in the morning just so I could blast through it. Needless to say it was a great morning commute.

I stayed in 2nd and 3rd the whole time, on boost. I love the subdued exhaust note coming from my Spintech's and the flatness of the big car in the corners were great. The D3 springs really keep the car stable. I blasted the music and just grinned the whole time.

I would love to say I'll own another one of these in the future, but going from one with such low mileage, I don't know if I could settle for a high mileage V.

This car is amazing and I wish I could keep it, but family first. I'll most likely have a project car that I'll work on but I'm sure it will never come close to the luxury and performance that Cadillac put in the V.

I'm taking the springs off the car tomorrow morning and heading to my local Carmax for an appraisal. The wife has her eye on a minivan down there, so duty calls.

Sorry for the long post, but it's tough to say good bye to this car.
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Most likely my last day with the V.

Sorry to see you go but I am sure someone else will enjoy her (hopefully as much as you).

Good Luck!

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

That sucks. I'd hate to have to sell mine.

I am interested in the springs if you have not sold them yet. I don't really want to deal with D3 directly.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

that's what i like about our cars .. i am happy driving to work even on a friday..
    shoot me an email about the springs.. you have my email address...

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

As slow as our mini-van is, it is unbeatable as a family tool! So don't fret over owning one.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

nice note---good luck with the next vehicle--Carmax isnt the best place to trade a car--either sell it yourself, or trade it at a new car dealer--Caddy has some great deals,and they have a really nice crossover---bob

If you have kids, especially younger ones that require YOU to get them in/out, the best tool is a Mini-van PERIOD! Crossover SUV's and SUV's in general don't cut it. I got rid of an SUV for the van when #2 came for the simple logistics advantages and seating flexibility said van provides. I can go from all up seating (including critter safety seats "LATCHed" in), to full flat load floor and my full size Craftsman lawn tractor with a 42" deck, and two bin bagger, stuffed inside the van in less than 5 minutes. That can't be done in an SUV, even a Suburban. Stow-N-Go seating ownz all.

The analogy I like to use is getting caught in the middle of a downpour with a cart full of groceries and a couple children, in a tight parking spot with swing open doors. You tell me which vehicle you'd rather have.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I had two Dodge Caravans for 6 years when my kids were growing up. Great family haulers and the safest cars on the road.

Bob

That's what I have, just the Chrysler version.

chrisngo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Stealth Grey

Well, yesterday was officially my last day with the V. I managed to get 24K at Carmax for my vehicle. We turned around and got an Odyssey there with low miles. We also traded in the wife's Equinox that had a dent on the side and high mileage for another 5K. We made out quite well.

Thanks for the replies. This is a great small community that doesn't bicker or act elite like other boards.

Keep it classy fellas!
    Chris

Ctsv wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 ctsv wagon

You did the right thing. Years ago I did the same thing with my sports car so my wife could get here Odyssey. Now I'm back in action. You'll be back. Be patient.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.