Cheap Rims w/ Tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Big_Caddy
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cheap Rims w/ Tires in Cadillac V-Series Forums; go to www.wheelsnext.com select "find wheels + Tires" put in car info enjoy the deals bruh....
    Big_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

Cool Cheap Rims w/ Tires

go to www.wheelsnext.com
    select "find wheels + Tires"
    put in car info
    enjoy the deals bruh.
    Rigo Torres and Rigo Torres like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Cheap Rims w/ Tires

what does everyone think about these rims http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tir...k%20Gloss.html
    and these tires http://www.wheelsnext.com/tires/Achi...R%20Sport.html
    for $1,632.00?

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I prefer lighter wheels and sticker tires. I always took toward more performance when I make changes. If I get different wheels, I would try to get the same weight as stock with an inch wider in width.

Bob

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Unless you go with a 3 piece wheel you will be hard pressed to find anything that fits this car. Remember to check the offsets when purchasing wheels. We have brembo brakes on a 6 lug pattern and the offset if I remember correctly needs to be like 50-52 in order for the wheel to fit. The ones that you mentioned will not fit. This is the reason why you don't see everyone with custom wheels on their cars.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

KMC wheels are cheap and low quality. The last set I saw required three times the amount they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    Unless you go with a 3 piece wheel you will be hard pressed to find anything that fits this car. Remember to check the offsets when purchasing wheels. We have brembo brakes on a 6 lug pattern and the offset if I remember correctly needs to be like 50-52 in order for the wheel to fit. The ones that you mentioned will not fit. This is the reason why you don't see everyone with custom wheels on their cars.
    I'm clearly not up to date... so, what does fit and how much? websites?

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I don't know of any off the shelf wheels that fit our cars. All the aftermarket wheels I have seen on our V are custom ordered wheels. They usually start at about $1000 each.

http://www.hrewheels.com/
    http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/

Bob

chrisngo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Stealth Grey

The reason why most three piece wheels are expensive for these cars is because the mold for the cast centerpiece is never made in a 6x115 pattern. If the centerpiece is forged aluminum then it is made to order because they can be produced on a cnc mill. The aluminum donut is expensive and the programming fees are added in too. Bottom line is, a forged center CNC cut will always be more than a mass produced cast center.

Chris

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

actually, the reason rims that will actually fit cost so much is because of our offset and brakes. maybe 1% of wheels out there will properly clear our calipers and fit our bolt pattern, while using an offset that doesnt push the rim a foot out of the wheel well.

This is why 99% of the wheels that will fit your car must be three piece. so they can push the hub of the wheel out far enough to mount properly to the hub of the car, while clearing the brembo brakes that stick out so far past the rotor.

chrisngo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    actually, the reason rims that will actually fit cost so much is because of our offset and brakes. maybe 1% of wheels out there will properly clear our calipers and fit our bolt pattern, while using an offset that doesnt push the rim a foot out of the wheel well.

This is why 99% of the wheels that will fit your car must be three piece. so they can push the hub of the wheel out far enough to mount properly to the hub of the car, while clearing the brembo brakes that stick out so far past the rotor.
    Actually, you can modify the height of the disk to accommodate the brembo's. This is common practice for a lot of wheel manufacturers out there. When I owned a shop, I would ask what offset the customer was looking for and if they had bbk's or not. Usually, the bbk's caused the lip to be shallower.

Anytime you are buying forged rims you will pay a lot of money. Again, cast centers are mass produced whereas forged centers are generally made to order.

Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.