TT and S/C STS-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, TT and S/C STS-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwA4LaBxrE anyone else slightly doubt this based on this limited video?...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

TT and S/C STS-V?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwA4LaBxrE

anyone else slightly doubt this based on this limited video?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: TT and S/C STS-V?

http://www.youtube.com/user/D3Cadill.../7/mNzpI1nvguU

i may revoke previous statements...

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

It's real but no one knows how much power it makes because D3 won't say. D3 says the customer doesn't want the info published but I think that's BS. Why would he care, doing a lot of street racing? I doubt it. D3 released very few details about that car, just like all their other builds. There are some pics on D3's website though.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I met the owner of the car at Cars and Coffee in the Spring while D3 was making the car. I also met the person who tuned the car. The car did get a big bump in both hp and tq. From talking to the owner and tuner, the turbos kick in at the rpm that the supercharger starts loosing its efficiency and works very well together. The owner had all of D3's goodies before he added the twin turbo's. Before deciding with the twin turbo's he was considering replacing the stock supercharger with a TVS2300 with custom manifold. I did not specifics on the hp and tq, but was informed that traction is very hard to find the car will spin the tires shifting into 4th.

Bob

meekna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

It sounds pretty cool!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Just wanted to make sure the right information was being put out....

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwA4LaBxrE

anyone else slightly doubt this based on this limited video?

meekna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Nice! what would it cost to upgrade to this? What modifications did you do to the engine/transmission to handle the extra power?

Rigo Torres is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

Quote Originally Posted by meekna View Post
    Nice! what would it cost to upgrade to this? What modifications did you do to the engine/transmission to handle the extra power?
    Im not sure but i think this is that type of build they just post to show off and never say what was done......D3 keeps it under wraps specially when i also came across a post were apparently the owner didnt want anyone to know squat on it......although id like to know as well sounds like something id be willing to do....

deckofficer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Red CTS-V manual http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

It takes huge muscle to move that massive car at a fast clip. After 40 years of hot rods I have finally stopped fighting the Laws of Physics. I have a little ride that only has 320 hp @ 4050 rpm and 516 lb/ft @ 2800, but will hand him his hat any day of the week. Naturally aspirated to boot. My 2011 CTS-V is no match at all against the "other" ride.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
    It takes huge muscle to move that massive car at a fast clip. After 40 years of hot rods I have finally stopped fighting the Laws of Physics. I have a little ride that only has 320 hp @ 4050 rpm and 516 lb/ft @ 2800, but will hand him his hat any day of the week. Naturally aspirated to boot. My 2011 CTS-V is no match at all against the "other" ride.

Now that was random.............. You also have a 6.2L and we have 4.4L last time I checked that is almost 2 full liters more than us so I would hope you could "hand him his hat".

I bet even your little ride is not 4300lbs so add a thousand lbs or two and then see how you do..........

P.S. That was not even the spirit of this thread. The STS-V is not a high HP car that will do 10's in the 1/4. We would be lucky to see low 11's. The fastest time I have heard of is high 11's.

The little ride is 1790 lbs. No disrespect was intended, all I mentioned was it took my mind 40 years to figure it out. All the high dollar mods done to these cars that I have been reading about on this fine forum begs the question, do the owners want to experiance fast, or do they want to experiance a faster V Cad? If it is the latter, then all are on the right track, however if it is the former, weight reduction will go a long way in helping them achieve fast.

This was me almost 30 years ago trying to make something heavy go fast.

And this was just because it was a collectable back then as it is now.

So, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just was wondering what the intentions were, Fast, or a fast Caddy.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I don't speak for all the STS-V owners but we are just trying to get the most out of the car as we can. I don't think any of us expected to have an extremely fast car. After all she is just a 4.4L and for what it is she is a very respectable car with a decent amount of power. As with any enthusiast we just want a "little" more.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

in my opinion, thats half the fun. Why do you think the cts-v/sts-v is so appealing to so many people. because its a huge, heavy 4 door sedan that is FAST.

shit, I had a cobra that cost a third to modify and was twice as quick as my V. yet it wasnt nearly as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    in my opinion, thats half the fun. Why do you think the cts-v/sts-v is so appealing to so many people. because its a huge, heavy 4 door sedan that is FAST.

shit, I had a cobra that cost a third to modify and was twice as quick as my V. yet it wasnt nearly as fun.
    Great, that is what I wanted to hear, because in your case (Cobra owner) I'm preaching to the choir. So the challenge is to get all the fine comfort and luxury to hook and book down the road. That is a good goal, but for me, I'll leave my V un-modded, and continue to do the wrenching on the T. Much cheaper to increase performance at 1790 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post

Just wanted to make sure the right information was being put out....

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    No disrespect was intended, just found it hard to believe there wasnt more info on this. If I had that car there would be dyno sheets track vid etc all posted on it. Much like Mark99STS did with his turboed FWD 00 STS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.