Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 1madstsv

Votes: 24 26.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.

STS-V Car of the Month: August

26K views 166 replies 31 participants last post by  Lord Cadillac 
#1 ·
Let's start a V-Series car of the month campaign. Anyone interested? If so, please post pictures of your V-Series Cadillac along with a notation of any modifications you'd like to mention.

Thank you very much!

#39 ·
#42 ·
Yep only 416 with 200* iat,2 temps and 458tq how much tq did your car make? And I ran 11.97 so till you do that I don't care if you make 600hp. My 99 c5 with 404rwhp runs a 11.73 @ 120 with a 1.86 60ft. My
Friends 99 c5 with 603rwhp same dyno same day. Ran a 11.68@128 with a 1.90 60ft same lane a the track
His car behind mine both of us on street tires. So hp is only hafe of it. When I retune we will see who has what. I spin my tires in to 3rd and brake the tires Loose at any speed under 40 so more hp will make it slower. And I have 295/30/19 tires let's not for get.

#46 ·
:pop2:

#47 ·
:pop2:

G
#49 ·
:thumbsup:

Dont mind me. We're just playing with STS-V's and 2011 Escalades.

You know, having them valet parked out front of the hottest bars out here.

And running a few more dynos last week before I take her to the track.

:wave:

#51 ·
:rofl:

You guys are Killing me!!

Come on.......:grouphug:

#52 · (Edited)
:shhh: Pretty soon there will be another STS-V here with an Upper Pulley upgrade.........

Then hopefully next spring (or sooner depending on Mod fund) I am going to send it to Bob and have it ported up to (but not including) the Snake Bite. That way I can see the gains from the pulley and then any additional gains from port (Which I am sure will come). Main reason for the porting is better cooling from the port job, and or course the additional gains in power.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled forum fight................

#53 ·
PGA2B that sounds like that should work good I would also like to see the gains from porting only. 550 has taken this to the next level when I get home I will post picks of my car. He was runing a way with this post thinking he was the only one with a modded Sts-v. If you win and no one else was playing was It really a win?

#54 ·
PGA2B that sounds like that should work good I would also like to see the gains from porting only.
That is why I am going to do it that way and the fact I have to save up for the port job....... Back when I ported my M90 in my GTP I saw a nice gain too and that was before I put the Intercooler on it.

#56 ·
Ya know I would expect this kind of childish behavior in a Honda forum.

BTW, I found a Cadillac dealership performance shop that 'says' they have done 600hp STS-V's and that they would be happy to do all kinds of work for me including custom headers, head work, supercharger pulley and blower porting. I don't have the time or money to worry about it now but maybe in the future...who knows. Ironically, they also hate D3, and in fact gave me some history about them and their 'engineering'...ie outsourcing everything and copying other shop's work because they don't know a damn thing about cars.

#68 ·
Well if comments like this aren't immature then I don't know what is. Congrats on completely missing the point by the way. And for clarification, there were less 2G GSX's produced than our STS-V's and I had more money in that car than the MSRP on the V, but I really don't see how that matters.

Obviously 550 has decided that he is a 'pioneering' member of this forum and that he feels a need to win praise for the modifications that he has made to his vehicle. I am sure that every single person that saw his car parked in front of that bar was amazed by his rocket-science-like abilities to extract a few more horsepower from his motor and add some lights on the exterior.

550, the fact is that you have done some good modifications to your car and it does look nice. I don't have anything against the intercooler lights, its just not what I would do on a car as classy as the V. However, you have not revinvented the wheel or even done anything that someone else hasn't done before (point of the sprayed intercooler which I did 5 years ago and I copied off someone else) so your arrogance is unjustified IMO. That 'ricer' I posted the picture of made 500hp/liter and posted a 9.89 sec 1/4 mile time. I built that car myself, starting by gutting it down to the chasis and working my way out. I built the motor, the fuel system, the turbo system, etc. I was proud of my accomplishment and I had 3 years of blood, sweat and tears in it...but the fact was that I didn't invent anything that I did. And so I never expected anyone to pat me on the back and say your the man...unless your inventing the first nuclear powered car have some modesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.