Engine HOT - A/C off on 2006 STS-V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Engine HOT - A/C off on 2006 STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Its back oh no bad t-stat right outta the box ???????...
    KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Re: Engine HOT - A/C off on 2006 STS-V

Its back oh no bad t-stat right outta the box ???????

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Here's a bit of a curveball to add... I never saw this issue on my 2008. The night I installed the spectre intake and cleaned my engine bay, the 'error' came on immediately when I first started the car back up. I drove home from my shop with the error and zero'd temp gauge and let it sit overnight. In the morning, it was there as soon as I started the car again. I pulled the neg from the battery and let it sit for about a min, and put it back on. It has never shown back up. Very odd.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Our ECM are very sensitive. I was throwing CAT codes and turned out to be the car running lean....... Never threw a lean code.

rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I had this issue for about a month. It was causing my fans to run 24/7. I replaced the thermo and it has been fine ever since then.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
    Here's a bit of a curveball to add... I never saw this issue on my 2008. The night I installed the spectre intake and cleaned my engine bay, the 'error' came on immediately when I first started the car back up. I drove home from my shop with the error and zero'd temp gauge and let it sit overnight. In the morning, it was there as soon as I started the car again. I pulled the neg from the battery and let it sit for about a min, and put it back on. It has never shown back up. Very odd.
    I thought about that but mine came on before I installed any aftermarket parts. It comes back so I clear the code I need to go see the GM teacher at the college next week so I will keep you all posted. Also If anyone has solved this other than by t-stat replacement let me know.

Thanks

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Happened to me today. Disconnected the positive cable for a minute and reconnected and started it up and was good to go. I imagine the tstat will soon be replaced though. What should I replace it with? I see there's the 160 and the stock 180. Is the 160 the way to go? Is this a GM part? What's the part number? If not where do I get it? Thanks.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I believe the 160° is a Mr. Gasket brand If I remember what I saw. Stock is 178° I think.

It is a Mr. Gasket and anyone who carries Mr. Gasket will have it. Part number 6367 and reuse your stock gasket.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

reuse the stock gasket? I couldn't get mine out and couldn't find a new one. how did you reuse that?

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Has anyone documented a temp drop with the 160 tstat? The lowest temp that the fans will turn on is 192 degrees. Even HPtuners won't let you command the fans to turn on cooler than that.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

need to put a thermostat in vehicle same thing happened to my 06 right after i bought it i installed updates into pcm and then installed thermostat not hard at all to put in have to take middle section of intake pipe off and can sneak it out took me about 30 mins or so

----------

pcm is set up to monitor coolant temps in a predetermined amt of time if it sees it takes to long or to short of time it will set the dtc set for thermostat can't remember it off top of my head and temp gauge will go out. not sure about the aftermarket thermostats if they will work i would think so just being the ecm's are so sensitive and monitoring the coolant temp i would stick with gm i paid 15 bucks for thermostat with new gasket from gm

Soo if I go with this mr gasket 6367 160* tstat do I have to tune or reprogram something? Or just replace it and be done with it

Replace it and be done. The only issues may be this winter you might need to set P0128 code to no report.

Sorry I'm pretty much an amateur with all the technical stuff as I'm sure you've all gathered. How do you set the code to no report? And what exactly is that code?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.