Best exhaust option - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which is best exhaust option

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately muffler delete

3 12.50%
  • Immediately Gibson

5 20.83%
  • Immediately Custom Magnaflow

7 29.17%
  • Wait save and get Corsa

9 37.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Best exhaust option in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Sometimes you have to lay down the law http://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s...
    cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Sometimes you have to lay down the law http://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Best exhaust option

So pj who sold his car and got that gt500, which is really nice by the way, installed the gmpp borla exhaust for me today and I just got back. I still have 2 Vs so I'll make videos that compare stock vs the gmpp exhaust when I get a chance.

The 4 inch tips fill in the exhaust cutouts nicely. There's not much room to spare so I can see how 5 inches on the borla (non gmpp version) would cause problems.

Also, since the last time I posted, a second former sts-v owner replied to a pm by me saying that 5 inch tips messed with his bumper cover. He ended up having 3.5 inch tips welded on and he was good from then on out.

Moral of the story, do not install the borla version with the 5 inch tips on the car. If you want this exhaust and you can't get your hands on the gmpp second hand since it's no longer available through gmpp, buy it through borla and have the tips changed out with 4 inch tips maximum. I'll get the dimensions of the gmpp tips.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    So pj who sold his car and got that gt500, which is really nice by the way, installed the gmpp borla exhaust for me today and I just got back. I still have 2 Vs so I'll make videos that compare stock vs the gmpp exhaust when I get a chance.

The 4 inch tips fill in the exhaust cutouts nicely. There's not much room to spare so I can see how 5 inches on the borla (non gmpp version) would cause problems.

Also, since the last time I posted, a second former sts-v owner replied to a pm by me saying that 5 inch tips messed with his bumper cover. He ended up having 3.5 inch tips welded on and he was good from then on out.

Moral of the story, do not install the borla version with the 5 inch tips on the car. If you want this exhaust and you can't get your hands on the gmpp second hand since it's no longer available through gmpp, buy it through borla and have the tips changed out with 4 inch tips maximum. I'll get the dimensions of the gmpp tips.
    Any video's yet? Guy, what a lucky find! Off the forum for a few days and missed a great opportunity. Luck man! I would love to find the GMPP. Any more out there just sitting in a garage with low miles? Not very good odds I bet.

Yeah definitely got lucky. I had the car in getting the springs put on. Just got it back. I did a startup from the rear video on both but the gmpp one was in the garage so it wasn't controlled. Videos shortly I promise.

I have 4 videos so far. Interior acceleration, hard and moderate, for both the stock and GMPP exhaust.

Drone really isn't an issue unless you have the car in a high gear at a low speed and you floor it. For example, you can shift to 6th as early as 42-43 mph. If you did this and then floored it, it would drone up until about 55+ mph. If you didn't floor it and just accelerated moderately, (you're probably not in a rush if you're shifting to 6th at 43mph anyway,) while in 6th at such a low speed, no drone. Low speed + high gear + full throttle = drone. Basically it's a non issue.

The exhaust sounds absolutely incredible at high RPMs in person.

Cruising on the highway? No drone issues. Anytime you would normally hear the exhaust when you're driving, imagine it being a bit deeper with the GMPP.

Hard acceleration stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo5DSOW82A
    Hard acceleration with the GMPP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pza3I...ature=youtu.be

Moderate acceleration stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhS8PPRQ_KA
    Moderate acceleration with the GMPP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7s1t7Q1ULY

Any wobbling noise you hear in the stock videos is a bump on the tread of one of the tires. New one should be in early next week.

I still owe you guys startup sound from the outside and acceleration from the outside.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    I have 4 videos so far. Interior acceleration, hard and moderate, for both the stock and GMPP exhaust.

Drone really isn't an issue unless you have the car in a high gear at a low speed and you floor it. For example, you can shift to 6th as early as 42-43 mph. If you did this and then floored it, it would drone up until about 55+ mph. If you didn't floor it and just accelerated moderately, (you're probably not in a rush if you're shifting to 6th at 43mph anyway,) while in 6th at such a low speed, no drone. Low speed + high gear + full throttle = drone. Basically it's a non issue.

The exhaust sounds absolutely incredible at high RPMs in person.

Cruising on the highway? No drone issues. Anytime you would normally hear the exhaust when you're driving, imagine it being a bit deeper with the GMPP.

Hard acceleration stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo5DSOW82A
    Hard acceleration with the GMPP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pza3I...ature=youtu.be

Moderate acceleration stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhS8PPRQ_KA
    Moderate acceleration with the GMPP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7s1t7Q1ULY

Any wobbling noise you hear in the stock videos is a bump on the tread of one of the tires. New one should be in early next week.

I still owe you guys startup sound from the outside and acceleration from the outside.

Thanks! Sounds good.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Sounds like crap would never put that on my car.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Sounds good to me. It would sound super sweet with a set of headers.

^^^ yep that's what it's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Sounds like crap would never put that on my car.
    Well it sounds pretty incredible in person. Am I missing something here? Do you have one on your car??

----------

I wonder if headers would be a mod that a dealer would notice and therefore shaft me on my gmpp major guard.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

^^ not sure if he was being sarcastic regarding how it sounded or if that was his honest view of it.
    Keep in mind that mics on phones and inexpensive cameras will never capture the true feel / sound of exhaust.

The Magsun moss act would prevent them from voiding the warranty unless they can prove that the headers directly resulted in the failure.

Yeah but once they know it's there it's gonna be a pain in my dick. I'm just hoping that they see so few of this car that they won't know any better. What kind of issues could headers cause?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Better sound, an engine that can breathe easier, and more power.

Not sure what the bad effects can be.

In other words bigger headers shouldn't have a negative affect on reliability/longevity.

I have the gmpp exhaust on my car. Love how it sounds. But my 06 had the magnaflow and it was also a good sound but much louder at every rpm.

As for headers they could void all most any thing do to having headers. I would drive it hard for a little while and then just mod it. And not worry abought the warranty at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.