Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What a long day Sunday was. Evidently, there were quite a few no-shows for the Sunday afternoon session. So after ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL

What a long day Sunday was. Evidently, there were quite a few no-shows for the Sunday afternoon session. So after taking some pics for the forum, I walked around and talked to the Andy Pilgrim and a lot of the Cadillac reps, designers, engineers and driving instructors. As luck would have it, I was invited to join the afternoon session.

Their car; their gas; their tires, brakes and maintenance. And I got to drive the full 3.65mi Autobaun race course as wide open as my instructor would let me! What better way to spend the afternoon, I canceled my afternoon appointments and moved dinner to a much later seating time. I've driven fast cars and I've driven road courses. But put the two together and I don't have to worry about saving the car for the drive home or maintenance issues and I'm a happy camper.

Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

I will probably see some slightly used Brass Hat cars at my dealer this week lol

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme70SS View Post
    Yep, probably you. Only 2 times, once turning south off stearns (I was in left turn lane ONTO Stearns), once the other direction approaching the dominics there. Small world!

Definetely a small world. Were you in something I would've recognized??

A couple weeks ago, making that turn, we had the green light, there were a bunch of kids on their bikes standing on the corner (by the Mobil), and a Shelby Cobra vert turned from west Stearns onto south 59 and they all turned their head, then I turned from east Stearns onto south 59, right behind him and as I was turning, all three kids started pointing at my car and you could see them going "There's a "V"!" and heads turning as I completed the turn and went on my way.

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Definetely a small world. Were you in something I would've recognized??

A couple weeks ago, making that turn, we had the green light, there were a bunch of kids on their bikes standing on the corner (by the Mobil), and a Shelby Cobra vert turned from west Stearns onto south 59 and they all turned their head, then I turned from east Stearns onto south 59, right behind him and as I was turning, all three kids started pointing at my car and you could see them going "There's a "V"!" and heads turning as I completed the turn and went on my way.
    Yeah, this car gets noticed. Not as much as my Chevelle, but that's red and loud, too.

I was driving the V one day (you were by the Dominics heading into the turn lane, I was SB in other lanes), and a generic SUV the other - no way you would have noticed that.

FYI, sorry to hijack all. Glad the event went well, and thanks for posting some pics!

PwdrCtr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V

I just got this via Email. I can't attend due to a family wedding but it seems to be open to the public.

Track Fast - Weather Perfect
    For Those Who Like To DRIVE FAST!

Open to Any Car or Motorcycle blast_webblast_final.jpg <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/admin/temp/newsletters/47/blast_webblast_final.jpg> Register NOW at www.BlastExpo.com <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/link.php?M=9532&N=39&L=52&F=H>

* Touring will allow a customer to drive their own car or motorcycle on the track in a lead-follow format. This will provide an approximate 20-minute experience on the track following an elite instructor from the Autobahn Performance Fleet driving the lead car in each group of five.

* Hot Laps will feature a ride in an Autobahn Performance Fleet car with an instructor giving 10-minute "scary rides".

* For the Autocross event, the customer may drive their own car or use a car from the Autobahn Performance Fleet. The Autocross event will consist of two timed attempts on the course.

* GoKarts will also be available for driving on their own one-third mile track.

For Autobahn Country Club information, please visit www.drivefastbesafe.com <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/link.php?M=9532&N=39&L=53&F=H>

Save the date, August 20 - 21, it will be a BLAST!
    BlastExpoAt the track at Autobahn Country Club3795 CenterPoint Way Joliet, IL 60436PH 309-888-4477 or email ed@BlastExpo.com <mailto:ed@BlastExpo.com>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.