Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What a long day Sunday was. Evidently, there were quite a few no-shows for the Sunday afternoon session. So after ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: Cadillac V Series Performance Lab - Autobahn Country Club Joliet, IL

What a long day Sunday was. Evidently, there were quite a few no-shows for the Sunday afternoon session. So after taking some pics for the forum, I walked around and talked to the Andy Pilgrim and a lot of the Cadillac reps, designers, engineers and driving instructors. As luck would have it, I was invited to join the afternoon session.

Their car; their gas; their tires, brakes and maintenance. And I got to drive the full 3.65mi Autobaun race course as wide open as my instructor would let me! What better way to spend the afternoon, I canceled my afternoon appointments and moved dinner to a much later seating time. I've driven fast cars and I've driven road courses. But put the two together and I don't have to worry about saving the car for the drive home or maintenance issues and I'm a happy camper.

Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 510RWHP and 546TQ so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

I will probably see some slightly used Brass Hat cars at my dealer this week lol

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme70SS View Post
    Yep, probably you. Only 2 times, once turning south off stearns (I was in left turn lane ONTO Stearns), once the other direction approaching the dominics there. Small world!

Definetely a small world. Were you in something I would've recognized??

A couple weeks ago, making that turn, we had the green light, there were a bunch of kids on their bikes standing on the corner (by the Mobil), and a Shelby Cobra vert turned from west Stearns onto south 59 and they all turned their head, then I turned from east Stearns onto south 59, right behind him and as I was turning, all three kids started pointing at my car and you could see them going "There's a "V"!" and heads turning as I completed the turn and went on my way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Definetely a small world. Were you in something I would've recognized??

A couple weeks ago, making that turn, we had the green light, there were a bunch of kids on their bikes standing on the corner (by the Mobil), and a Shelby Cobra vert turned from west Stearns onto south 59 and they all turned their head, then I turned from east Stearns onto south 59, right behind him and as I was turning, all three kids started pointing at my car and you could see them going "There's a "V"!" and heads turning as I completed the turn and went on my way.
    Yeah, this car gets noticed. Not as much as my Chevelle, but that's red and loud, too.

I was driving the V one day (you were by the Dominics heading into the turn lane, I was SB in other lanes), and a generic SUV the other - no way you would have noticed that.

FYI, sorry to hijack all. Glad the event went well, and thanks for posting some pics!

PwdrCtr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V

I just got this via Email. I can't attend due to a family wedding but it seems to be open to the public.

Track Fast - Weather Perfect
    For Those Who Like To DRIVE FAST!

Open to Any Car or Motorcycle blast_webblast_final.jpg <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/admin/temp/newsletters/47/blast_webblast_final.jpg> Register NOW at www.BlastExpo.com <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/link.php?M=9532&N=39&L=52&F=H>

* Touring will allow a customer to drive their own car or motorcycle on the track in a lead-follow format. This will provide an approximate 20-minute experience on the track following an elite instructor from the Autobahn Performance Fleet driving the lead car in each group of five.

* Hot Laps will feature a ride in an Autobahn Performance Fleet car with an instructor giving 10-minute "scary rides".

* For the Autocross event, the customer may drive their own car or use a car from the Autobahn Performance Fleet. The Autocross event will consist of two timed attempts on the course.

* GoKarts will also be available for driving on their own one-third mile track.

For Autobahn Country Club information, please visit www.drivefastbesafe.com <http://www.ctechhosting.com/emailmarketer/link.php?M=9532&N=39&L=53&F=H>

Save the date, August 20 - 21, it will be a BLAST!
    BlastExpoAt the track at Autobahn Country Club3795 CenterPoint Way Joliet, IL 60436PH 309-888-4477 or email ed@BlastExpo.com <mailto:ed@BlastExpo.com>

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.