True Correct Fog Light Lights Bulb Number?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, True Correct Fog Light Lights Bulb Number? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I need new HID fogs for my V. The ones I have now are going out/flickering. The problem is I ...
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

True Correct Fog Light Lights Bulb Number?

I need new HID fogs for my V. The ones I have now are going out/flickering.

The problem is I cannot remember what the CORRECT part# is. After searching the forum, I see 880, 886, and H3-55W.

Does anyone know the CORRECT, TRUE part # for our fog lights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: True Correct Fog Light Lights Bulb Number?

9145’s. They are regular halogen capsule bulbs not HID’s. The only HID on this car is the D1S low beam bulbs.

Thanks for the response. I am converting my factory fog lights (most bottom light on bumper...) to HIDs. Are you sure they are 9145s? I dont ever remember ordering that...

Ahh Ok, I see. It appears as if 9145/H10/9005 are all the same. Is this true?

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I wasn't sure in your original post, if you meant you were converting them to HID's.

Yes, I've already replaced one on mine and stocked up on a few extra 9145's because typically when one goes, both go. But so far, the other hasn't. I guess I'm spoiled compared to my Bonneville GXP before it, in that getting more than a month of life out of an H3 bulb in the fog light of that car, you were on borrowed time.

I can't speak to the conversion. If a 9145 converts to a 9005, look into an HIR bulb instead. I can never remember if it's an HIR-1 or an HIR-2, but I think an HIR-1 (you may also see it referred to as a 9011), is the equivalent to a 9005. You may have to grind down the tabs on the bulb a little, but that bulb will generate about 2,500 lumens (I think, memory fails me right now) of light output vs. what, 1,900 on a 9005? It has a kelvin rating of 3,600k and may not look completely "HID" (Our D1S's are 4,300k), but certainly performs a heck of a lot better than a 9005 without the cost of going full HID.

GM uses them as high beam applications in many vehicles, including my aforementioned Bonneville. I also converted the low beam 9006's to HIR-2's.

With that said, when I convert to 6,000k D1S bulbs in my low beams, I plan on doing HIR-1's (already have them waiting) in my highs, replacing the stock 9005's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.