New to here!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New to here! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello all, I have joined just a few weeks ago to get some insight into the v's. I have learned ...
    cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

New to here!

Hello all,

I have joined just a few weeks ago to get some insight into the v's. I have learned a lot. I haven't bought my sts-v yet but hopefully I will have one in a few weeks. I am coming from an Audi A4 so the price of fixing things isn't going to change all that much as I can tell.

I do like to mod my cars and am getting worried about the sts as D3 seems to be the only ones that sell nice upgrades. But I'm reading that D3 has issues filling orders in a timely mannor, doesn't respond to emails (I've tried) etc.

I still plan on getting my sts and enjoy it but was wondering if anyone has anything to add about venders/issues etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Re: New to here!

D3 always responded to my e-mails,i have their stage 1&2 intakes on my car i like them but wish we had more companies to make aftermarket parts for us.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Welcome. Where are you from?

If you hunt around the forum you'll see theres more and more being done to these cars with non-D3 parts. D3 is just the company that sells the widest array of mods and packaged on a pretty site.

I'm in MN.

I have searched a little and found some interesting things for aftermarket.

Yeah coming from the A4 where there are tons of different companies to choose from to cadillac where there aren't so much.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Welcome and i think I will sell my car soon it's a06 72000 and every mod that can be don. Going to re dyno middle of next month. Looking for 470rwhp&500tq. Let me know Ryan

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Just remember that you are coming from a widely produced platform to a limited production car. So the aftermarket is slim. It does appear to be bucking the trend and growing after the death of the model. Most times you see the aftermarket dry up once a model dies. There seems to be some growth in our market.

Good luck in your search!!

1madstsv, pm me and let me know what you are looking at getting for your car and what other info you can tell me that would sell me onit.

PGA2B, I understand the difference between the widely produced car to the sts-v. I also think that because of the limitied number of the cars made and the people buying them limits the desire for aftermarket. There are the few of us on here that like to modify our cars but the general population leaves them to factory spec. I just wish there was more choices for aftermarket parts.

Can someone tell me the offset of the wheels. I know there are 6 lugs that hold it on, and I know the fronts are 18" and rears 19". Is there a reason that I can't run 18" all around say for the winter? Tirerack doesn't show anything. I feel that as long as I can find a wheel with the same offset or something similar to fit I should be fine, 18" tires are a heck of a lot eaier to find in winter/ a/s.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Street Side Auto is the #1 vendor on this entire forum, in my opinion. I have ordered from D3 and other vendors, its worth purchasing from Street Side Auto over the others. Better products, better discount, instant shipping, instant responses to questions.

PwdrCtr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Street Side Auto is the #1 vendor on this entire forum, in my opinion. I have ordered from D3 and other vendors, its worth purchasing from Street Side Auto over the others. Better products, better discount, instant shipping, instant responses to questions.
    Ditto

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Welcome.

Ill take a look ay street side auto. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

NEILZVETTE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

I have my STS-V listed in the classifieds. These cars are pretty awesome. The build quality is amazing both inside and out. I came from a Corvette background and these cars feel rock solid without rattles of any kind. I have owned two of them and NEVER had any issues with either of them. In my opinion the "problems" these guys you read about on the website are cars that see alot of abuse. If you keep mods at a cold air intake, waitforme tune and exhaust mods you will have no problems with it. I put 147K miles on my first one before a drunk driver took it out. The motor now sits in my jet boat and and is exposed to high rpm action very often. If you are interested in looking at my car there is NOTHING wrong with the car. I just had a change of jobs and do not have the time to enjoy the car as I fly everywhere again. Make a reasonable offer and the car is yours. Hope this gives you some insight on these cars though...dead reliable as long as its not used like a drag car 24/7. That and I live near Peoria Illinois and have yet to see another one yet,so pretty unique also!

meekna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

pics of the jet boat and engine!?

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Successful mods are going to largely come from this community, and it will be using off-the-shelf universal type parts with lots of custom fabrication. There just is no good reason for any vendor to spend any real time on these cars. There are so few out there, and even the cars owned by enthusiasts won't all be modded. There's probably less than 10 owners in this country looking to get serious power out of these cars. Thus, no real revenue base exists to give any company a reason to put in the R&D necessary to produce a complete line of engine mods. That's not going to change.

Fortunately we do have two intake choices now, and members here have uncovered several other off-the-shelf parts that promise to improve our cars. So really, this forum is just about the most valuable resource that an STS-V owner could have.

D3 has some awesome stuff, and I think they are coming around on the customer service end. From what i've seen, if you have the money, their parts are great. However their service and installation quality is still a work in progress. Regardless, I intend to support them because they are really the only vendor that has put serious time and effort into our cars to this point. So i'd hate to see them go away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.