Upgraded injectors?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Upgraded injectors? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What is the model# of the upgraded injectors you snakebite guys are using out there?...
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Upgraded injectors?

What is the model# of the upgraded injectors you snakebite guys are using out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Upgraded injectors?

I'm using Stock resized to 60lbs. But with out my meth on I'm only at 74% duty cycle and with meth 65%. So save you $$$ unless you going to run 17 + psi. IMO Ryan

Ok. I've did some calculating and research.

Originally, tim had said our injectors are EV-14s - http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...&productId=171

But Ryan said he had the injecetors resized to 60lbs, as did coach to handle the additional power. So Im thinking our OEM injectors are less, probably 50lb injectors or less?

Using this form: http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Shows that if you want to be at 600 BHP (flywheel,) which would be around 470 rwhp (assuming a 22% drivetrain loss) you would need 58lb injectors. Hold on, ill get the part# of our injectors from the crash guide.... not in crash guide. Called my dealer $38 each, 12598842:

AC DELCO # 217-3076
    GMC # 12598842
    BOSCH # 0-280-158-085

FLOWS @ 40 lbs 12.20 ohms

Wow! 40 lbs! Thats nothing! Lets do a little more math....

Lets say crankshaft horsepower is 469 (manufactor rated.) Assume 22% drivetrain loss... that would be 366 rwhp.
    For 8 injectors, Brake specific consumption should be .55 TO .60 for supercharged engines (we'll assume .55 at normal boost)
    Maximum injector duty cycle of 80%, and System fuel pressure at fuel rail of 43.5 PSI = 40 lbs an hour.

We are seriously restricted by our injectors.

So Ryan, where did you get your injectors resized for $175? Or what can we use for a replacement?

Thanks!

GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

boo to resizing!

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I believe he had Steigmeier do it when he had the Snakebite done. They also flow matched them.

Of course you could get Injector Dynamics ID850!!

Same place as the snake bite. But note 4.6 sc cobras make 500rw with 38 or 39 can't remember. And my 6.0l turboed z28 made 498rw and 520tq @10 psi on 42s. So I still say unless you are going to run big boost stock workes fine. I would not have need them with my meth. And you can run them to at least 95% duty cycle I did when my camaro had the 5.7l still in it. Ryan

I dunno... with the temperature's we're seeing with snake bite and upgraded pulleys, do you really want your injectors running at 95% duty cycle? 80% is the max recommended.... Im more concerned as to if this is why people are seeing drop offs above 420 rwhp on their cars, such as where Tim saw a drop off in boost PSI and HP/TQ on his dyno with the new pulley.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Same place as the snake bite. But note 4.6 sc cobras make 500rw with 38 or 39 can't remember. And my 6.0l turboed z28 made 498rw and 520tq @10 psi on 42s. So I still say unless you are going to run big boost stock workes fine. I would not have need them with my meth. And you can run them to at least 95% duty cycle I did when my camaro had the 5.7l still in it. Ryan
    Again, modded Cobras are a bad comparison in most cases because they are able to keep IAT's alot lower than we are. They are making great power with less fuel than we can because their lower IAT's result in a much denser charge. If we could cool our incoming air like they can, then we probably would not be having this injector problem at this stage of the game.

I agree. The cobras run so much cooler you cant really compare it. I think may may be one of the hurtles in getting past 420hp with mods and a tune is hurting us.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

According to my tuner, with the Spectre Intake, I run out of injectors at the 6700rpm.

Bob

I will say its not the injectors stoping us from going past 420 I'm at 418 @ 3700 and only 74% duty cycle when not using meth. So stock you should be able to make 420 at 5300 which is where most cars with out snake bites will be. It's Timmyc not quite having the timeing right our it's the heat making the car pool timeing as in my case. Either way it's not fueling our the a/f would lean way out in the upper rpm,s.

Perfect. This is exactly the info I am looking for. I contacted Steigmeyer, and he said he would do our injectors. since he is not a vendor here, I do not know if I am able to describe pricing and what he would be doing.

Check with Florian, but I thought they were a vendor because of the CTS-V

is this true, florianmod?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.