Upgraded injectors? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Upgraded injectors? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Guys I posted when I did the first snakebite that this information in the forum. I informed everyone at the ...
    coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Re: Upgraded injectors?

Guys I posted when I did the first snakebite that this information in the forum. I informed everyone at the time the injectors were either between 39-42lb stock. I also posted when I had my car tuned by Wait4Me and Vengeance Racing that they installed 60lb injectors on my car. These were purchased new and they were Siemens 60lb injectors.

I'm glad everyone is finally getting the itch to mod their cars. It seems I was posting months ago and no one cared about performance only cosmetics. Search for my old Snakebite threads there is a lot of info I put out with pics, videos, etc.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    I will say its not the injectors stoping us from going past 420 I'm at 418 @ 3700 and only 74% duty cycle when not using meth. So stock you should be able to make 420 at 5300 which is where most cars with out snake bites will be. It's Timmyc not quite having the timeing right our it's the heat making the car pool timeing as in my case. Either way it's not fueling our the a/f would lean way out in the upper rpm,s.
    You are probably right that there is more power to be had if I tune it nth degree of timing and lean it out even more. But in my case that's only a couple hp, not 20. The intercooler sucks, that is the hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    According to my tuner, with the Spectre Intake, I run out of injectors at the 6700rpm.

Bob
    At what AFR and duty cycle?

My AFR is 12:1 and duty cycle is 90%. To me maxed means that they won't flow any more fuel. Some people consider them maxed when they get to 85%.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

My tuner did not give me specifics other than the fuel injectors were at its limit at 6700rpm.

Bob

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Im getting conflicting information. Can we assume the injectors are a limiting factor here or not?

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Im getting conflicting information. Can we assume the injectors are a limiting factor here or not?
    Let me caveat my comments by saying I am the furthest from expert in this austere group. With that said..... It is my understanding that the stock injectors (42lbs) with the stock tune led to significant timing being pulled at the top end. To alleviate, no reduce that phenomena, the injector flow was increased and the fuel tables adjusted.

I don't know if that makes the injectors the limiting factor so much as increasing them increases the margin of safety. I for one would never want to see 90% duty cycle when I know how explosively this blower can wind up (remember I am seeing 24lbs of boost almost instantly when I stomp on it).

Unfortunately, adding additional timing throughout the power band is problematic and timing is still being pulled at the top end - current suspect: IAT2. There is also the possibility that the stock ECM programming has other safety measures being triggered, i.e., overboost, back pressure, VVT, etc. that we have not yet modified. Jesse is confident there is more to be found, but I refused to make him manually adjust the ECM setting (4-6 hours work) for a mere 10-20 HP increase (I should be able to get that easily by opening the exhaust flow).
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    They may become a limit with the snakebite overdrive, but other than that, no. All you have to do is log duty cycle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.