Power Steering Leaking on my 06 STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Power Steering Leaking on my 06 STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just bought a 2006 STS-V with 57,595 miles on it from an individual that has a GMPP with it. ...
    Bradkoen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Power Steering Leaking on my 06 STS-V

I just bought a 2006 STS-V with 57,595 miles on it from an individual that has a GMPP with it. I have to send $50 to GM to get it transferred before I can take it in for warranty work. I started noticing a small puddle on my driveway every morning around the inside of the front drivers side wheel. Tonight I checked my fluids and found that I was low on power steering. I bought a big bottle of PS fluid and filled it up and I will continue to do this until I get the warranty in my name. Has anyone had a PS leak around this spot before and if so where was it leaking from? Is the GMPP going to cover this type of problem and how do I get it fixed where they will pay for it? I am pretty good mechanically but still have a long way to go, but also am new to warranty protection so I am hoping to find some friendly help here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Power Steering Leaking on my 06 STS-V

If you have the GMPP is should be covered depending on what coverage you have. Check your policy as it should state what the coverage is. You can check to see if the reservoir is cracked or leaking, also check the hoses going in and out of it.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

Unlike factory warranty you will also be paying deductible... so bundle up any other work if needed..

So today after leaving it on alone all day when I started it after work the low engine coolant light came on but went off before I could get it in gear and roll out of my parking spot. After getting home I let it cool down and then checked the coolant pressure tank and it was half full. Isn't it suppose to be completely full? I told you I am a novice and need some help. I still can not find where the leak or leaks are coming from, but I haven't tried looking for it while the motor is running. I am just going to keep checking fluids until I get my paper work done for the GMPP.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by Bradkoen View Post
    So today after leaving it on alone all day when I started it after work the low engine coolant light came on but went off before I could get it in gear and roll out of my parking spot. After getting home I let it cool down and then checked the coolant pressure tank and it was half full. Isn't it suppose to be completely full? I told you I am a novice and need some help. I still can not find where the leak or leaks are coming from, but I haven't tried looking for it while the motor is running. I am just going to keep checking fluids until I get my paper work done for the GMPP.
    I am not sure how long it takes to tranfer the warranty, but GMPP is a nononsense warranty - I would get that paperwork done ASAP, no need to play mechanic when you have a warranty.

meekna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

I took the front wheels off to get new rubber and noticed that the of the left frame was all "misty" looking -- immediately thought of this post and wondered if you had your power steering leak fixed. No drips on the floor yet, but it is becoming a dirt magnet.

No I haven't received my transfer paper work for the GMPP (warranty). I don't think it is steering fluid anymore, cause I got a low coolant message on the dash board. I topped off with water and haven't lost any fluids in about a week. I don't think the problem fixed itself, so I am going to take it to the dealer as soon as I can do it with the warranty in my name. I have had my STS-V now for about 2 months and love everything about it accept the windows are not tinted.

Bigdawg58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 & 06 STS-V

Well get em tinted I know that Texas Sun is a killer!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.