2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by 550HP STSV snakebite guys: post up your dyno sheets. Long time ago: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2551773...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    snakebite guys: post up your dyno sheets.

Long time ago: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2551773
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I'm not home but will post videos and dyno sheat ASAP when I get home.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

MIKE KLUMP STSV (after tranny upgrade_tuning).bmp

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by asking us to post our dyno graphs but here is mine. Once again all mods have their place and I think the fact that TimmyC and PGA2B are trying new performance add on's is great. TimmyC's turbo setup is just an example of this. He is very good with mods and has a lot of abilities that people on the forum should take advantage of. At the end of the day everyone else on the forum will benefit from a wider selection of things to choose from for their own performance desires.

My car produces 16lbs of boost max and I'm sure everyone can do a search if they want to see a list of all my mods.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

coach was that on a dynojet or mustang dyno?

http://dynolab.net/site/dyno-services/blog

Edit: Appears to be dynojet.

So, my car dynoed 425 on a mustang dyno:

Doing a google search, it appears most mustang dynos read about 11-14% less than a dynojet. Take the lowball, 10% of 425 is 42.5. 42 + 425 = 467hp. Exactly the same numbers as you.

There is a dynojet in my area, where my car baselined 364 rwhp. Im setting up an appointment to have it dynoed, and I'm willing to bet I'll be in the 450+ rwhp range.

The purpose of this post is to point out that with my supporting mods & Timmy's pulley, I'm fairly confident that I'll have similar numbers as all you snakebite gurus without the $1500 price tag. And I'm willing to bet if I followed ryan's advise, and gutted my cats, I'd clear up another 10-15 or so rwhp.

The limiting factor is something around 460hp. That much we can be sure of. I feel that the snakebite guys should be over 500hp w/ 16 lbs if I'm making 450hp with 11-12 lbs.

550.. I guess you have something your trying to prove. Let me first say that if a dyno is setup correctly then you will not see much of a difference between a mustang dyno and a dynojet. Second I had the car dyno tuned after my transmission upgrade on a mustang and the final pull after consecutive pulls was 455rwhp. The dyno didn't have the printer hooked up so I didn't get a print out which is why I came back to the dyno I have 4 seperate pulls made on and had it re-dynoed. If you don't believe feel free to contact RPM transmissions and they can vouch for it. I guess it was a good thing or you would be saying (mine is better than your blah blah blah). Honestly, who cares who's setup is better! I made my statement why I chose the path I did. I actually did all the research myself and performed the calculations for boost and gear sizing for my own application to determine what exactly I wanted to do. Did you do the same or just take someone else's work and think you pioneered something. Your tone in your replies hint that of a child trying to showoff. I guess you can't be happy with your own modifications unless you prove a point.

I reiterate my statement earlier saying that I am very happy people like TimmyC and PGA2B push for various performance modifications and my hats off to them. They actually do the leg work and research to determine if something is going to work. In the process they provide members of this forum options which a little over a year ago no one even had. Give respect where respect is due. We are not children here and this isn't the elementary game of mine is better than yours. If you do a search on some of your own threads I applauded you for doing a pulley swap and CAI. Before that all you had done were appearance mods. Go back get it re-dynoed and provide the group with your abundant knowledge on the car since that seems to be what you want to do.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Angry Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

The purpose of this post is to point out that with my supporting mods & Timmy's pulley, I'm fairly confident that I'll have similar numbers as all you snakebite gurus without the $1500 price tag. And I'm willing to bet if I followed ryan's advise, and gutted my cats, I'd clear up another 10-15 or so rwhp.

The limiting factor is something around 460hp. That much we can be sure of. I feel that the snakebite guys should be over 500hp w/ 16 lbs if I'm making 450hp with 11-12 lbs.
    Did I suddenly disappear from these generalizations. Hell, I ran 460 with stock injectors. ???Limiting factor/sure of??? I ran 501 on the same dyno you ran 425. This discussion is making me dizzy.

Since doing my cooling mods, I've been running 475 for the last 4000 miles. Whenever I get done sifting thru all you guys cooling mods and results, I will probably revisit the IAT2 and crank this motor up to my goal of 575. For now, I'm enjoying what I got - Hot Rod Power Tour, Corvette Homecoming, Honda Indy 200 @ Mid-Ohio, Gateway Corvette Show, Corvette FunFest, etc., maybe even Woodward Dream Cruise. I love the looks I get from the Corvette guys when I fire up/rev this beast.

I'll let you experts work out all the technical issues and as options are proven I may incorporate some. Until then, I'll just keep buying rear tires every 3 months cause I'm having more fun than the law allows.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Did I suddenly disappear from these generalizations. Hell, I ran 460 with stock injectors. ???Limiting factor/sure of??? I ran 501 on the same dyno you ran 425. This discussion is making me dizzy.

Since doing my cooling mods, I've been running 475 for the last 4000 miles. Whenever I get done sifting thru all you guys cooling mods and results, I will probably revisit the IAT2 and crank this motor up to my goal of 575. For now, I'm enjoying what I got - Hot Rod Power Tour, Corvette Homecoming, Honda Indy 200 @ Mid-Ohio, Gateway Corvette Show, Corvette FunFest, etc., maybe even Woodward Dream Cruise. I love the looks I get from the Corvette guys when I fire up/rev this beast.

I'll let you experts work out all the technical issues and as options are proven I may incorporate some. Until then, I'll just keep buying rear tires every 3 months cause I'm having more fun than the law allows.
    Your 501 is an inflated number from an uncalibrated dyno. That's why 550s car showed so much less than yours. This was covered here in detail when a guy with a tune and spectre intake dynoed 494 on that same dyno. That's why your car showed 50 more horsepower than anyone else with the exact same mods. Go back to the dyno and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Your 501 is an inflated number from an uncalibrated dyno. That's why 550s car showed so much less than yours. This was covered here in detail when a guy with a tune and spectre intake dynoed 494 on that same dyno. That's why your car showed 50 more horsepower than anyone else with the exact same mods. Go back to the dyno and see what happens.
    99% of us Baseline bone stock ~360 rwhp on dynojets.

And to Coach, I AM trying to prove something here. I'm trying to prove the snakebite is useless on our cars. If you spent $1500 on your snakebite, and you produce 10 more horsepower than me, how is that a good modification for the value?

Okay, first I need to say that you should get your car re-dynoed. As TimmyC pointed out Wait4Me's dyno's sometimes are not accurate. Second would be that if the sticking point on these cars is 460rwhp then I highly doubt the snakebite is useless. Think about it for a minute my boost will lead to more hp if everything else is in line (i.e. intercooler temps, cams, and free flowing exhaust). Its simply math really more air in and more air out w/ fuel = higher hp. So if you were to actually get 460rwhp on your dynojet that just tells me that the problem is probably due to the car needing different cams. 1MadSTSV has already gutted the cats to see the gains so this shows that the weak spot would be the cams. Obviously TimmyC's turbo setup will testify to this a little more. The cams are not allowing exhaust gases out of the engine fast engine to maximize gains. I have opened up the engine and actually done work on it (have you). The heads on this car are not that bad, I had the intercooler passages opened up for greater airflow and also completely cleaned up the exhaust runners and had them blueprinted. I also paid for upgraded transmission not because I had to but because it's peace of mind knowing I can beat the thing to death without having to worry. I guess that was useless as well. I should of spent my money on blacking out my lights, painting trim pieces, and painting some multi-color wheels instead (to each their own) which is why modifying things is highly independent to the person owning the car.

The key is to find the weakest point then mod it and you will get exponential gains from boost mods. Its proven that ported/polished superchargers with additional boost make more hp then a supercharger with a pulley mod only. Do some research on it and looks at the gains. Wait4Me was suppose to come out with different cams for this car but has obviously decided not to. If I knew more about cams I would get some custom grind cams made and install them myself but alias I know what I'm good at and what I am not.

So my friend I would highly disagree with you as it is a waste. If you want to look at this as a money issue then lets say someone can get the pulley for $300 and you paid $500 for the CAI plus spark plug costs say $850 total. Lets say I did pay $1500 for the snakebite but I had wear parts replaced and inspected by a certified eaton re-manufacturer as well as a year warranty on the supercharger. I was able to completely work over the supercharger and laminova intercooler as well as the exhaust runners. I know the car should be making more power with this setup but we haven't pinpointed the weak point yet. I tend to think its the cams myself. I also only paid $150 for my CAI with the same filter and design you are using so should I say that Spectre CAI is useless. LOL.. you really showing your knowledge here.

So now you're going to argue from a money standpoint? You have $1500 snake bite + $150 CAI to get marginally higher numbers than my $300 pulley and $425 intake.

Who's showing their knowledge???? Do you not understand $1650 > $725? Reality check. You spent more than TWICE as much for nearly the same results!

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

So now you're going to argue from a money standpoint? You have $1500 snake bite + $150 CAI to get marginally higher numbers than my $300 pulley and $425 intake.

Who's showing their knowledge???? Do you not understand $1650 > $725? Reality check. You spent more than TWICE as much for nearly the same results!
    Why do you care so much? I don't think the snakebite is worth the money either but I'm not going to go on a crusade against it.

I've read some of your posts here and on the regular STS forum and you're really a dick. Remember when you said I didn't know anything about cars and I should leave it to people who do? You run your mouth too much.

All I do is post facts. Did I post my opinions? No, numbers speak for them self. People are discrediting the pulley as a power upgrade, and trying to justify a $1500 upgrade for an extra 10-20 more horsepower. This thread was resurrected because a new member diddnt want to "pay exorbitant prices" so I feel it necessary to put out there the information on each upgrade accordingly.

And check your hands before you point your finger - many members on here have said you are a dick too, pal.

550hp.. If you simply intended to find the best bang for the buck hp mod you are really approaching it all wrong. Let people's hp/tq numbers speak for themselves as well as their written experiences. You seem to take every situation to a level it doesn't need to go. The only reason I am posting on this thread is because of your attitude toward the matter. A person who does proper research on the car and mods will make an informed decision. I highly doubt they need someone like you trying to justify your own mods. A pulley swap is a great power adder no doubt it is obvious everyone with supercharged cars do it. The snakebite for me took it one step further and set the platform for additional gains. It was also an option at the time that was cheaper than going the D3 route (which was the only route at the time). I was able to get more boost ported/polished blower, and warranty for the same price a crank pulley cost.

I don't post on this forum much anymore because of people like you. I really like to see posts that bring informative information to the site from people like myself, TimmyC, PGA2B, Wait4me, 1MadSTSV, and many others. I like the idea of highlighting the pro's and cons of all products for people but you do it in a subjective way. The only reason I did the math in my recent post with the CAI was to highlight your brash attitude.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

This is getting way out of hand. I think the Snakebite has alot more potential than either of our pulley swap options as they stand. The problem is that no one who has it is putting the time or energy into seeing how far it can go. I would bet real money that it will support quite a bit more power than the pulley swap would, if only we can get past the cooling and fuel supply hurdles. Yet again another disadvantage to having an expensive, low volume, complicated high performance machine. It's basically up to us to be the pioneers...and i've found that most of the guys who have money to own a car like this don't have the time to tinker with it. I know that's the case for me...I don't have time to do what i'm trying to do now, let alone adding ANOTHER project to the mix. Thus, my car will stay stock until at least this winter when I MIGHT have the time to tear it down...at which point you'll see me starting to really contribute.

The last thing we need is a split halfway between the core group here - the only group that seems to make any progress with this car.

550 - you have alot to offer, you just need to learn respect. You're not the only one so i'm not singling you out, you just happen to be here now. Coach had bigger plans when he invested in his mods, you can't fault him for that. Just like many others, his priorities changed and he went in a different direction. That's life. For all you know, someone else could show up with the abilities and time we need and find the mod that gets us over the wall we are stuck at now...and we may find that the snakebite supports 550whp+ (I would expect to find that both TimC's and D3's pulley are going to max out under the 500whp mark) and then you are going to feel really dumb. Especially in forced induction, everything is a balance...and right now our mod path is way out of balance...we need to find the missing link. I will agree with you on one point though - right now, the snakebite cannot be held in any higher regard than either pulley option, because it has not conclusively proven itself to be any better. At this moment, it is what it is, and that's about equivalent to a pulley swap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.