2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I disagree - the smaller pulley is one of my favorite mods, and my dyno numbers show accordingly....
  1. #91
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    I disagree - the smaller pulley is one of my favorite mods, and my dyno numbers show accordingly.

  2. #92
    1madstsv's Avatar
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    York pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Show what that you made less boost then stock and no more power than others that just have a CAI? Good mod really come on now. My car stock made 13.2psi

  3. #93
    PGA2B's Avatar
    PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    My car stock made 13.2psi
    WOW. I never logged mine stock. Now with the Intake and Exhaust I make 10.5psi to 11psi at WOT. I'd take a couple more pounds of boost.......

  4. #94
    The Raven's Avatar
    The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fleetwood, PA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    825

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    There is no question that combining a pulley change (whether it be TimC's or D3's) with the cooling mods that PGA and 550 pioneered will result in a nice power bump. If you go with the Spectre intake and TimC's pulley, the whole setup can be done for under $2k WITH tuning. 40-60 additional hp, a fatter torque curve, and better fuel mileage on an $80k car...for under $2k. Ask anyone with an M or AMG...they'd kill for a deal like that.

    I fully intend to go this route over the winter when I can park my V for a couple months.

  5. #95
    1madstsv's Avatar
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    York pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Get you facts right PGA -550 did not come up with the cooling mods coach123 did give Credit where it's do. And who other than me coach and giz picked up 60hp across the board.

  6. #96
    GizmoQ's Avatar
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    get you facts right pga -550 did not come up with the cooling mods coach123 did give credit where it's do. And who other than me coach and giz picked up 60hp across the board.
    60?!?!?

    Lol
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"



    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

  7. #97
    1madstsv's Avatar
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    York pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    60+ is that better giz?

  8. #98
    GizmoQ's Avatar
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    60+ is that better giz?


    How about 60++

    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"



    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

  9. #99
    The Raven's Avatar
    The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fleetwood, PA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    825

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Get you facts right PGA -550 did not come up with the cooling mods coach123 did give Credit where it's do. And who other than me coach and giz picked up 60hp across the board.
    Watch your tone...most of us are grown ups here, so try to act like one ok?

    Can you provide a link to Coach's install walk-through with pics? That's what I mean by "pioneering".

    Show me where I said anything about "gaining 60hp across the board".

    Get YOUR facts straight kid.

  10. #100
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    1/2 hr S of Grand Rapids, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,548

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post


    How about 60++

    You do realize that your dyno nimbers came from a dyno that reported 494 on a car that only had an intake and tune, right? That same car put down 424 on a dynojet two weeks later.

    I switched to turbo because i want more power than this supercharger can support. 450-460rwhp is about max and I want 600.

    I don't know what 1madstsv's problem is. The pulley is a great mod. I think he might just be disappointed that he spent 1500 dollars on something that doesn't work that great.

  11. #101
    1madstsv's Avatar
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    York pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    I love my mods it's having issues but they are geting fixed up. It did run a 11.9 at the track what did your cars run? That's what I tough. Coach123 had pics up and info they deleted it our Locked the post.

    And is for my tone it's just fine thanks and calling me a kid that grown your not even 5 years older. And I have a garage full of high end gm proformace cars. But I'm just a kid what do I know.

  12. #102
    Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    219

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    How much for the zzp pulley i want to get more boost but am torn between the d3 crank pulley or this zzp pulley you guys are talking about.

  13. #103
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    Wow, first off, Jamie DID pioneer the cooling mod. Coach installed one and said HERE IT IS and that was it. He may have had the idea, and installed it, but Jamie gave me part numbers to the intercooler, part numbers to the fittings, part numbers to the hoses, the correct intercooler mixture, install help, and results. So yes, I give credit where it is due.

    Secondly, more boost doesnt technically mean more power. Why do you think Wait4Me's 454 Forged Bowtie setup in the CTS-V's run 9 lbs of boost? You have a snakebite, so I'd HOPE for atleast 13 lbs of boost. I'm willing to bet if I get on the same dynojet my car was dynoed bone stock, I'd post 450 rwhp.

    What are your numbers again? And HOW much did you spend on that snakebite? $1500 right? To gain what, an additional 30hp over my setup, which cost much less than half yours?

    Numbers dont lie. The pulley is a GREAT mod (with its supporting mods,) the torque curve is amazing, and the price makes it one of the best mods ive done to any of my cars.

  14. #104
    coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    286

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    I think everyone here needs to relax and stop arguing over who's setup is better etc, etc. I started really modding my car before anyone else on this board well besides D3, wait4me's tunes, and maybe a few select others. I had tons of posts before most of you bought your cars here asking about modding questions and diving into the mechanical aspects of these cars. Do I work for a performance shop no but I did buy one of these cars and wanted to screw around with it just like I did with my 1st gen CTS-V yes.

    I think both the pulley swap and the snakebite have there places. The pulley swap will give you a nice increase in hp with the added intake and tune. If you can get that for 2k great go for it. If you want more power then that it has been tested and proven that porting/polishing blowers with increased boost adds more gains then just increasing boost on blown cars. The difference that I liked between the snakebite and a pulley swap is the fact that the blower has been ported and everything from blower to runners have been cleaned up giving maximum performance on a stock setup. It also is stealth for dealership visits. The techs can easily spot pulley changes if they are used to working on V cars. I went through the whole idea of getting another manufacturer to produce a custom crank pulley for us that would have been half of what D3 was selling theirs for but I decided to go the snakebite route instead plus they were going to need my stock crank pulley for 4 weeks because they were short staffed.

    As for the front mount heat exchanger idea, yes I was the first to do it on this forum but it wasn't rocket science. I mean people have been doing this with other cars for years and the plumbing is pretty straight forward so I didn't think an explanation was really needed. The parts I did as many of you would have done is check the diameters of the inlets/outlets as well as the plumbing then head down to local NAPA or Autozone and pick them up. I like immediate gratification therefore I rarely order anything on the net. I had a shop install the front mount heat exchanger for me under my supervision because it was just easier for them to put it on a lift and pull off the entire front bumper so I could see how to mount the thing. I tried to make all of the info available about my mods to everyone but most of my threads were locked down or deleted because I was presumably saw as a vendor although I don't sell anything. I was ultimately banned for a few weeks along with a few others here for the ordeal of giving information out about products I had found. My PM ability to this day is still unavailable. I always answer emails pertaining to my mods or products I use to but no longer give specifics about anything on the forum because of the past issues. I also brought the AC chiller to this forum and found a great individual in Florida who was willing to fab up a demo to see it's effectiveness. I hope someone closer than me eventually decides to give it a go so we can see its effectiveness on our intercooler system. I also had a full CAI installed in my car before the spectre model was even demoed or initially fabed up. It looks identical in design but alias I have not bench flowed it so maybe spectre is a little better (not sure). Regardless I had a shop willing to produce it for people months before anyone received the Spectre intake (on a side note I think the Spectre intake looks really good, so kudos to PGA2B for that one). I tried to get shops like Kooks, Hedman, and hooker to fab up headers for us and make them available to all but there weren't interested since it's a limited production car. I spoke to TimmyC before he ever purchased his STS-V about making headers for us but we couldn't get the support on the forum (we wanted 6 people) so they weren't produced. You can search the forum and find most of my posts but I like the fact that there are people out there giving support to people interested in doing performance mods and I take my hat off to them for their effort.

    I think it's great people are interested in performance mods and doing different things. I felt when I first bought my STS-V that certain companies were playing the monopoly game with product pricing so I ventured out to do my own thing. I am extremely happy with the results of my mods and have one of the most powerful STS-V out today because of them. Now TimmyC may beat me with the turbo setup but we will see . Good luck and try to relax

  15. #105
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

    snakebite guys: post up your dyno sheets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting