2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Now that!, looks awesome!...
    PwdrCtr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V

Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

Now that!, looks awesome!

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Nice heat exchanger. It looks just like the one I installed a few months ago. Let us know when the headers are completed

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Flanges ordered yesterday.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

How wide is that?

nefarious35 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Was the heat exchanger in place before the dyno pull?

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Just curiousity speaking here so dont bite my head off if I am missing something...but for the cost and complexity involved in possible switching over the supercharger to a brick cooling method and having to do some serious modification to an inefficient roots style blower...couldn't an adapter be fabbed up to mount a TVS or twinscrew (Whipple or Kenne Bell) blower to our motors? Wouldn't an intake manifold adapter, throttle body adapter and the supporting fuel and tuning mods (which are already being done) be all that is needed to get a twinscrew installed?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

You mean like this?

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    You mean like this?

Yea, I wonder what ever happened to that.
    Seemed like a good idea. Hood Mod are easy, particularly if they are fiberglass.
    I guess it was just wishful thinking on there part.
    Trigolgy makes a single screw now. They had made a twin screw a while back.
    It sure does look like a triolgy to me.

GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

A Kenne Bell 2.8 would be SWEET!

Also got a sleeve today, super rich. More fine tuning to come. Went from over lean to rich, now the easy part, do the math and Taadaa solution!

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Just curiousity speaking here so dont bite my head off if I am missing something...but for the cost and complexity involved in possible switching over the supercharger to a brick cooling method and having to do some serious modification to an inefficient roots style blower...couldn't an adapter be fabbed up to mount a TVS or twinscrew (Whipple or Kenne Bell) blower to our motors? Wouldn't an intake manifold adapter, throttle body adapter and the supporting fuel and tuning mods (which are already being done) be all that is needed to get a twinscrew installed?
    That could definitely be done, but expensive. A Whipple and a sheet metal intake as shown would be a ton of money. No one is going to cast an intake for this, not enough potential market. Most sheet metal intakes start at $2000 and one like the cad drawing will be more than that.

I think a turbo swap will be a better option. More power and less money.

You mean like this?

Who put that out?

How wide is that?
    The core is 26"x6.5"x2"

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious35 View Post
    Was the heat exchanger in place before the dyno pull?
    I have had that since the beginning.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Reading this thread is like a time warp to 3 years ago. Especially with that old CAD drawing of one of our blower combinations.

How much power are you guys really trying to get? Not that we have covered ALL the bases, but some of you guys are doing R&D that we did 3-4 years ago and are just now discovering all the hurdles you will eventually become very familiar with while you try to push for more power.

cad08stsv -
    As you can see it was more than just wishful thinking. It was a reality...

If there is interest in making "big" power, we can certainly build and develop something for you guys. We know these cars better than anyone else and have done an incredible amount of R&D over the years.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    That could definitely be done, but expensive. A Whipple and a sheet metal intake as shown would be a ton of money. No one is going to cast an intake for this, not enough potential market. Most sheet metal intakes start at $2000 and one like the cad drawing will be more than that.

I think a turbo swap will be a better option. More power and less money.

Who put that out?

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Hmm...looks promising to be honest. I admit it would probably expose the internals as the weak link then and you find yourself pretty much rebuilding the entire motor. But some people seem to be on that path anyway...I don't think it will be long before someone burns a piston or snaps a rod.

I would speculate that the intake would be significantly less than $2000 to have a machine shop fabricate it if you provided the specs. My last sheet metal intake was $900 without specs but then again I am sure there are complexities not visible in the iso view on the cad model. Perhaps that estimate isn't too far off but then again people are willing to spend over $1000 for the snakebite and get relatively minimal gains. A twinscrew style blower would support far more hp potential than our roots ever will.

I like the idea of going twin turbo on our cars and it certainly offers the highest efficiency for peak hp but I think you are looking at even greater costs. You will still have to create a new intake manifold for that...as well as exhaust manifolds...plus incorporate two turbochargers, two wastegates, at least one bypass/bov, an intercooler system and all of the piping, boost control logic, well you get the point.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

The question is, if you saw a 30ft/lb gain and an 11hp loss, how the hell does D3 (WITH NEAR IDENTICAL PULLEY,) "Yields ±30 to ±60 BHP"???????

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Yes, you are correct. We pretty already know how far we are willing to push the OEM shortblocks. We have never seen one fail either..... And keep in mind we have built some pretty powerful 4.4's.

The intake that we designed was pretty complex internally. Externally it starts to look pretty simple. If there was more interest a few years ago, we would have already had this on the market.

The OEM blower is certainly a major restriction as you guys are starting to find out. Our performance packages address most of those concerns in pre-packaged systems to make it easier for those looking to increase power without having to worry about hurdle after hurdle.

Yeah the twin turbo system was pretty cool. That car was VERY fast and had a different sensation at the top end when the turbos would start to really stretch their legs.

These cars do have potential, just need to know where you can squeeze it from...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Hmm...looks promising to be honest. I admit it would probably expose the internals as the weak link then and you find yourself pretty much rebuilding the entire motor. But some people seem to be on that path anyway...I don't think it will be long before someone burns a piston or snaps a rod.

I would speculate that the intake would be significantly less than $2000 to have a machine shop fabricate it if you provided the specs. My last sheet metal intake was $900 without specs but then again I am sure there are complexities not visible in the iso view on the cad model. Perhaps that estimate isn't too far off but then again people are willing to spend over $1000 for the snakebite and get relatively minimal gains. A twinscrew style blower would support far more hp potential than our roots ever will.

I like the idea of going twin turbo on our cars and it certainly offers the highest efficiency for peak hp but I think you are looking at even greater costs. You will still have to create a new intake manifold for that...as well as exhaust manifolds...plus incorporate two turbochargers, two wastegates, at least one bypass/bov, an intercooler system and all of the piping, boost control logic, well you get the point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.