2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 Tim, I'd be interested in the pulley. I already have the aftermarket exhaust in conjuction with ...
    TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: 2.55" pulley installed, dyno results inside

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Tim, I'd be interested in the pulley. I already have the aftermarket exhaust in conjuction with the intake now.

I was also monitoring my IAT2's last night, and couldn't get over, on a 39* evening, even under just brisk acceleration (Not WOT), that those IAT's were going up as quickly as they were. I have considered a meth injection system myself. Heck, even a water injection if worse comes to worse. I won't do nitrous.

My question is, is the internal intercooler on this supercharger removable? Or is it all one piece to the lid? I know there are coolant ducts/tubes in that that lid, just never have taken one apart. Now I know someone will say, "If your IAT2's went up with it, imagine what they would without it". My thought on removing it is then running the exchanger similar to the GTP's that you mentioned earlier. Yea, I know space is limited under the STB (also mentioned), but it's just another thought. You take away the stock limitation, put a radiator style exchanger sandwhiched between, so you don't lose as much pressure, and you can maintain temps.
    The intercooler tubes are installed in the supercharger lid. There is not enough room under the hood to add an intercooler like the GTP. The GTP unit is 2.5 inches thick and a new housing would have to be machined and used as basically a spacer under the supercharger lid. That is just not going to happen, both from a dollar standpoint and a hood clearance standpoint.

I have not come up with anything to improve the stock in-blower intercooler yet, just the heat exchanger so far.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

What kind of super raw deal will ya do me for if I drive a couple short miles over and bring you my V to have the pulley put on?

unrelated, are you going on the power tour this year? they are ending in michigan.

chrisoldf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Tim
    I am interested in the heat exchanger, Are you running the stock heat exchanger with the ZZP? I'm planing on a boost upgrade, can't decide on your pully, a crank pully, or going with the snake bite. but id like to have the heat exchanger upgraded either way. I'd also love to see a pic if you have one.
    Chris

I am only running the ZZP heat exchanger. Running both of them would just create more restriction on the pump.

My pulley and the crank pulley are the same overdrive, ~10%. I liked the Snakebite until the IAT information started to come out. Now I think it is too much overdrive and too much heat.

I'll take a pic and get back with 550 about an install tomorrow.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Thanks Tim. Where in MI you located?

rubber2burn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts-v

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    The intercooler tubes are installed in the supercharger lid. There is not enough room under the hood to add an intercooler like the GTP. The GTP unit is 2.5 inches thick and a new housing would have to be machined and used as basically a spacer under the supercharger lid. That is just not going to happen, both from a dollar standpoint and a hood clearance standpoint.

I have not come up with anything to improve the stock in-blower intercooler yet, just the heat exchanger so far.
    I am sure I would be able to machine a spacer for the lid to allow a brick intercooler, all I would need is a supercharger to obtain bolt hole spacing and how tall to make it for any given brick size. As far as the clearance goes could a new STB be designed with a box frame arround the S/C??
    If the above truely is not practical, I also like to think the turbo options will be the way to go. You could also offer this to the 4.6L guys as well. A few more cubes always helps out as well.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

The company Tim works for is the LEADER in 3.8 Supercharged and Turbocharged applications hands down.

If it can be done his company will find a way.

Just for clarification here, I am doing all the work on the V. Jamie pipes in and implies that the company I work for is doing the heavy lifting, but that is not the case. I've been building and tuning cars for a lot longer than I have worked at ZZP.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber2burn View Post
    I am sure I would be able to machine a spacer for the lid to allow a brick intercooler, all I would need is a supercharger to obtain bolt hole spacing and how tall to make it for any given brick size. As far as the clearance goes could a new STB be designed with a box frame arround the S/C??
    If the above truely is not practical, I also like to think the turbo options will be the way to go. You could also offer this to the 4.6L guys as well. A few more cubes always helps out as well.
    I really don't think there is enough room for a brick style intercooler under the hood. It is an interesting idea though. I will check into it while my car is down for header building and exhaust work.

I apologize. I was mearly letting everyone know the reputation of the company you work for.

I saw the Authorized Vendor status and thought that it was ZZP.

No harm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I apologize. I was mearly letting everyone know the reputation of the company you work for.

I saw the Authorized Vendor status and thought that it was ZZP.

No harm intended.
    10-4. I was beginning to think you were doing that on purpose.

Nope- Just an assumption on my behalf and you know what they say about assuming.......

Here are a couple pics of the heat exchanger installed.

The heat exchanger fills almost the entire lower grille opening but you can still see the end tanks. I am going to paint the end tanks flat black the next time my bumper cover is off.

Good lookin exchanger Tim!

rubber2burn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts-v

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    I really don't think there is enough room for a brick style intercooler under the hood. It is an interesting idea though. I will check into it while my car is down for header building and exhaust work.
    I suppose a guy could almost take a stock STS hood and mold a cowl induction style bump into it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.