P0572 with HPTuners but no MIL?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, P0572 with HPTuners but no MIL? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Need to take sts-v in for emissions and battery died over winter. Hooked up HPTuners to verify all monitors are ...
    Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

P0572 with HPTuners but no MIL?

Need to take sts-v in for emissions and battery died over winter. Hooked up HPTuners to verify all monitors are set to Ready before wasting my time at the Emissions Testing Center. Noticed this under the DTC viewer in VCM SCanner.

[ECM] P0572 - Brake Switch A Circuit Low (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [TCM] P0572 - Brake Switch A Circuit Low (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)

Tried clearing, but came back after a few minutes of driving. NO MILs on dash. Don't notice any problems driving. Drove over 75 miles today. This consistantly showed under VCM Scanner, but again no MILs are ever tripped. Anyone think this will be a problem when I get my emissions test? Not sure since it is showing as "history" and "current". I am using VCM Suite 2.22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: P0572 with HPTuners but no MIL?

I should probably add that none of my other code readers see this code. I even tried the free scantool.net software. Did not see this code. Maybe an issue with HPTuners software? I know others here are using HPTuners, what version of VCM Suite are you running and do you see this code ever?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I am using the latest Beta Version 2.23.193 and have not heard of that code popping up. Are your Brake lights on premanently? Email support@hptuners.com and ask for the latest Beta version. There are some things in the latest Beta that are aimed at our E67 ECM's. Also, do you have the USB version or Serial version of HP VCM Suite?

I have the Serial-to-USB HPTuners module (serial on the OBD side, USB on the computer side), is there a different software download depending on which version you are using? I had emailed HPTuners about a month ago because I could not get the VCMSuite loaded on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. They sent me a link to a newer version of 2.22, but said nothing about 2.23. I will send them an email. Nope brake lights are not on permanently and they are functionally correctly when I test them. Interesting I finally just tried to license my Vehicle, and received a Security Access Denied error message instead of the option to license th vehicle when I tried reading the VCM in VCM Editor. Hope my module isn't crap, I never even really used it yet.

Ok, email them again and ask for the least Beta version especially since you have Windows 7/x64. That is what I have. Beta 2.23.193 is what those of us that have HP are all running. I didn't know how old your interface was. The older ones were serial onthe ODBII pot AND the computer side and HP no longer supports those.

Ok, licensing problem is most likely because i have Wait4Me's ECM installed and they are thinking he tuner locked it. I'm going to contact him because while I did buy the ecm tuned from him, the main purpose for me was to be able to toy with it using HPTuners without doing anything to my original ECM. While I didn't mention that at the time, I never even thought that it would be possible to lock it out. P0527 code is not showing with 2.23, but I think my DTC's got reset when trying to unsuccessfully read the VCM with VCMeditor, as all my Once Per Trip readiness monitors are showing incomplete now. Good thing there are a few good days of weather ahead to get some drive cycles in, I hate bringing out the V in the rain or snow. I'll see tomorrow if the DTC get's tripped again or not.

Strange enough I bought this tool called proscan for my PC in 2007 that is basically a VCMScanner immitation. Updated it to the newest version and connected to my car when the P0527 was showing on 2.22, and it did not see the code in the Pending, History or Current table. Connected VCMScanner back up and showed up immediatly. Ran it by William at HPTuners and he thinks it might not be scanning all of the modules HPTuners does, but it does show all the correct sensor and monitor data. Here is to hoping that 1. this really isn't a problem and 2. if it is, it won't cause my emissions to fail.

I am sure Jesse locks his tunes. Not sure if he can let you unlock it or not. Would it let you read the ECM and view it in the editor?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.