My STS-V also gone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, My STS-V also gone in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have sold my 2007 STS-V with 28,000 miles on it. I kept it only 16 months, driving it about ...
    csf
    csf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V (Platinum/Gray)

My STS-V also gone

I have sold my 2007 STS-V with 28,000 miles on it. I kept it only 16 months, driving it about 10,000 miles it that time. I really liked it but decided to replace it with the smaller, less powerful Mazda 3 because my 16 year old daughter is now driving and I could not see her learning on, or driving her friends around, in my 469 hp Cadillac. Some may disagree - I understand. Next year I may consider a preowned CTS-V if the price is right.

I did not have to make one repair in the time I had the STS-V . . . in fact the only repairs my car did have were the recall for the rear seals and to replace a power steering hose. I kept my car completely stock.

Overall I'd give the car a solid "B", with an "A" for effort by GM. My car was platinum and was just beautiful combined with the stainless grill and aluminum wheels. I found the interior beautifully finished and the seats comfortable (although noisy). The interior is pretty dated compared to any modern sedan, but it all works. I found the audio system superb, the navi worked fine, the bluetooth very clear, and the voice recognition completely useless. The car has every toy one could want - I loved the auto locks, auto brights, and the remote start.

The car's engine is very powerful once it gets moving and very smooth. The brakes are incredible - just outstanding. The handling was less than I hoped for - the car does hang on and go where you point it, but there is a fair amount of body movement on back twistie roads and the steering is not quite precise enough. The suspension seems a little rough on all but the smoothest roads, even bumpy on highway joints. Still it is a 4000 lb sedan and not a Porsche, and it does hang in there as best it can.

The brake pads create far more dust than any car I've owned - every drive, no matter how short, seems to dirty the wheels. Cadillac's choice to use 6 lug wheels makes no sense in today's market - very limiting. The OEM run flats were horrible with very few aftermarket tire choices, especially with the staggered sizes. And of course there is no choices for a full or mini spare.

Obviously fuel economy is not a strong suit and I averaged around 15 mpg, always using premium. But I think the car could use a larger fuel tank - seems I was always stopping for fuel.

Overall I think the STS-V is an incredible bargain for the prices they are selling for used. I"m not sure I would have paid full MSRP for a brand new one.

Finally, I was pretty surprised to see the amount of modding done to these cars, given GM has seemed to tweak them almost to the max already. I have modded other cars so I am not against that effort. But I bought the car for what it is - a very fast, beautiful and luxurious sedan, just as it came from the factory, and not a track car. I hope years from now there are still a few all stock examples driving around.

Craig

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

choigilligan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: My STS-V also gone

If my dad had an STS-V and traded it in for a Mazda 3 I would have slashed his tires the moment he got home with that economy car. Also way to be sexist and think your daughter can't learn to drive a performance car. Learn to drive a car like that and you can pretty much drive anything. Way to stunt her driving growth.

NHRATA01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by choigilligan View Post
    If my dad had an STS-V and traded it in for a Mazda 3 I would have slashed his tires the moment he got home with that economy car. Also way to be sexist and think your daughter can't learn to drive a performance car. Learn to drive a car like that and you can pretty much drive anything. Way to stunt her driving growth.
    Sorry but I agree with him at 31 now with a couple toddlers. When I was 16 I had a 135hp Firebird and abused the shit out of the car. If it wasn't so slow, I would've gotten in far worse trouble then I did. The few times I got to drive my dad's 190hp Blazer or my Mom's 200hp Buick LeSabre, it felt like I had the keys to a muscle car. And I was a pretty responsible kid comparatively back then. Given a 470hp bottom 13 second car would've spelled disaster.

Of course were I in the situation I would've bought her some used $5,000 beater with a 5 speed to learn on and kept the keys to the V hidden.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I know for a fact that he did not buy the mazda 3. So he got a cheaper to drive car and lost a car payment sounds like a good choice. And I would rather have driven a little sporty car at 16 than my dads caddy. And a girl at 16 won't care that its 469hp. Right??

cadillac94pimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham,06 STS-V Black/Tango, 06 Hayabusa LE

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    I know for a fact that he did not buy the mazda 3. So he got a cheaper to drive car and lost a car payment sounds like a good choice. And I would rather have driven a little sporty car at 16 than my dads caddy. And a girl at 16 won't care that its 469hp. Right??
    No but she would be the talk of the town. I saw a girl (wasent 16) but maybe 19-20 driving a CTS-V had exhaust and evereything. Just as hot as chicks riding sport bikes. She would be the most popular girl in school
    evereyone would want to know whos driving that V???

One problem though. It will get all dinged up pretty quick in the school parking lot if you let her drive it to school.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Could you imagine the insurance rates you would have to pay if your 16 year old daughter was driving your V? And worse, wrecked it or got into an accident? No thanks. My kids drive a Hyundai Sonata and a Mitsubishi Lancer. Safe and inexpensive - and low premiums. They have to earn the right to drive my car just like I did.

Bob

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

I'm gonna stalk my daughter the first 12-15 maybe 30 to 40 times we turn her loose in anything... it's gonna be like THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER every time she back out the drive way. You guys sound like you actually trust your kids... WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING? I remember how stupid I was, and that's enough reason for me to see what's happening for piece of mind. Remember what the kid said, it'll help you sleep at night lol

csf
    csf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V (Platinum/Gray)

Although I have no reason to justify myself or respond to anyone, I will just say, as a parent, that every child has different abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Part of being a responsible parent is knowing those characteristics in each of your kids. My younger daughter has several issues which make many things difficult for her. These include driving, and an STS-V is just too large and powerful, and dangerous for her to learn to drive on. Thats my call - end of story. My older daughter, who has none of those issues, learned to drive on my 400 hp RWD 2005 GTO, and even drove it (with her boyfriend) to the high school prom.

I am not at all against teenagers driving powerful cars if appropriate. I am against blatant ignorance, which unfortunately is occasionally present on this forum.

Craig

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.