Denso 02 sensor or OEM sensor?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Denso 02 sensor or OEM sensor? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Which one should i get....
    Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Denso 02 sensor or OEM sensor?

Which one should i get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jmak135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

Re: Denso 02 sensor or OEM sensor?

i use denso sensors all the time and have no problem with them all toyota's and honda's use them my opinon is that they are good

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

GM PCM's can be very finicky with the O2 sensors. Particularly on these engines where the PCM is in charge of sooo many parameters with very little tolerance for error. It relys on certain parameters of feedback for both normal monitoring of O2 readings, as well as running I/M system tests (I.E. your readiness monitors).

There is NOTHING wrong with Denso or Bosch O2 sensors (I've used both before), but time and time again, someone goes to AutoZone (or other parts store), saves themselves $15 - $20 by buying one of these non-GM sensors, fixing their original issue, only to end up with new issues due to this non-oem sensor. Finally they bring it to us (the dealer), where we obtain the codes it's throwing/thrown (from the history files), and by reviewing any freeze frame data available, many times it zero's in something fishy with an O2 sensor. So we get the car up in the air, and sure enough, a Bosch or Denso, or other brand HO2S is in there. Swap it out with an AC Delco unit, clear the code(s), clear the history file (If applicable), and the problem is solved.

Moral of story, this is one of those situations where the OEM part is truly the best part, designed by the people who designed the car, for the PCM, Engine, and application it's in.

fast impala is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, sold to fish!

Thumbs up Re: Denso 02 sensor or OEM sensor?

I totally agree! My hobby car is a 95 Impala SS, with a stroker motor. On my Impala forum, literally hundreds of people have had problems using non OEM O2 sensors. It was and is, hit and miss, on whether your PCM would like or dislike other brands.

Go with OEM, AC Delco, on your O2 sensors. JMHO

Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Thanks guys. These sensors are driving me nuts,i just want to have a good running car. People have told me to look for leaks in the intake or the maf sensor.

silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

+2 With guys on the AC Delco OEM sensors --

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.