Went to the dragstrip last night...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Went to the dragstrip last night... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; and had a lot of fun. The weather conditions kept me from getting good traction. Got to the track at ...
    nefarious35 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Went to the dragstrip last night...

and had a lot of fun.

The weather conditions kept me from getting good traction. Got to the track at 6pm with temps in the upper 50's and humidity around 90%. As the night progressed, the temps fell to around 50 with a touch of fog and a layer of dew on everything....typical South Mississippi.

I got 8 runs. Here's my best of everything:

reaction 0.5466
    60 ft 2.0455
    330 ft 5.5933
    1/8 th ET 8.5589
    1/8 th MPH 83.23
    1000 ET 11.0811
    1/4 ET 13.2022
    1/4 MPH 108.64

The car just couldn't hook up. I was spinning on and off all the way past the 1/8th. I drove the car w/traction on, w/traction off, in comp mode, and shifting manually. The times were all within 0.1686 seconds.

My car is stock except for exhaust and W4M tune. I was hoping for a 12.99, but the weather and a 280 lbs driver kept that out of reach. Maybe I need slicks. That sounds like a fun purchase. I'm also waiting on the spectre intake which will help a bit also.

All in all it was a fun time. Oh yeah, I ran against an 07 CTS-V and beat him! He ran a 13.5822 to my 13.3107. I tried to talk to him after the race but i couldn't find him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

Re: Went to the dragstrip last night...

those are good times for the conditions.figure 100lbs = 0.1 sec in 1/4 mile.did you try and run racing gas??

nefarious35 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    those are good times for the conditions.figure 100lbs = 0.1 sec in 1/4 mile.did you try and run racing gas??
    No. I was running 93 octane. They did have 110 unleaded. Would it actually help, though?

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Unless the tune can take advantage of the higher octane, the high octane gas can reduce your time because the slower burn of the fuel air mixture.

Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.