Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Painted SC cover?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  nefarious35 
#1 ·
Has anyone used hi temp paint to cover the black sc cover? I know D3 use to powder coat or something but I read they didn't do this anymore.

#2 ·
I've been debating about tackling this. I probably would already be doing it if I could decide what color(s) i'd want to do. You don't really need powdercoat or high-temp paint for the cover (as long as you use good paint to begin with), since it doesn't really get THAT hot (not like brake calipers or headers...etc). The only concern here is that some clearcoats will turn yellow because of the heat. But again, good paint makes all the difference.

#3 · (Edited)
D3 did powercoating to the Supercharger Lids a while back but have discontinued powdercoating the Lids.

I would use a VHT Vinyl Dye Paint or any other brand so the paint sticks to the plastic better and will not peel or crack.:thumbsup:

That is what I used back when I did Car Audio Installation for a living.

#4 ·
D3 did powercoating to the Supercharger Lids a while back but have discontinued servicing the STS-V.

I would use a VHT Vinyl Dye Paint or any other brand so the paint sticks to the plastic better and will not peel or crack.:thumbsup:

That is what I used back when I did Car Audio Installation for a living.
Thanks. I didn't realize it was plastic.

#7 ·
My bad...... Then you don't need the vinyl paint and you could have it powder coated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.