Painted SC cover?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Painted SC cover? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has anyone used hi temp paint to cover the black sc cover? I know D3 use to powder coat or ...
    nefarious35 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Painted SC cover?

Has anyone used hi temp paint to cover the black sc cover? I know D3 use to powder coat or something but I read they didn't do this anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Painted SC cover?

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious35 View Post
    Has anyone used hi temp paint to cover the black sc cover? I know D3 use to powder coat or something but I read they didn't do this anymore.
    I've been debating about tackling this. I probably would already be doing it if I could decide what color(s) i'd want to do. You don't really need powdercoat or high-temp paint for the cover (as long as you use good paint to begin with), since it doesn't really get THAT hot (not like brake calipers or headers...etc). The only concern here is that some clearcoats will turn yellow because of the heat. But again, good paint makes all the difference.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

D3 did powercoating to the Supercharger Lids a while back but have discontinued powdercoating the Lids.

I would use a VHT Vinyl Dye Paint or any other brand so the paint sticks to the plastic better and will not peel or crack.

That is what I used back when I did Car Audio Installation for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    D3 did powercoating to the Supercharger Lids a while back but have discontinued servicing the STS-V.

I would use a VHT Vinyl Dye Paint or any other brand so the paint sticks to the plastic better and will not peel or crack.

That is what I used back when I did Car Audio Installation for a living.
    Thanks. I didn't realize it was plastic.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I think every one is talking abought two different things. D3 powercoated the supercharge lid which is cast. The cover over is plastic and can not be powercoated. But could be painted. Ryan

Got it. I was talking about the cast lid.

Thanks.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

My bad...... Then you don't need the vinyl paint and you could have it powder coated.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious35 View Post
    Got it. I was talking about the cast lid.

Thanks.
    Sorry, thought you meant the engine cover.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello STS-V enthusiasts,

We have received several phone calls and emails asking if we still manufacture parts for the STS-V platform. The answer is YES. We have not, nor will any time soon discontinue making parts for the STS-V. Our pulleys, Intercoolers, Intake Systems, Lowering Springs, and D-Tronic modules are all still being manufactured and are actually in stock and ready for immediate shipment.

In terms of performance our product lineup can be viewed here: http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/s...ormance-tuning

As for Power Kits we have a total of 6 Power Kits across 3 categories:
    Street Performance Kits: http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/s...reetperformanc
    Tuner Power Kits: http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/d...wer-kits-sts-v
    Competition Power Kits: http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/d...wer-kits-sts-v

As of today, we are finalizing our ULTRACHARGER application for the Northstar Power plant.

We can’t emphasize enough that if you have any questions at all please feel free to drop and email or call the office…our staff is more than willing to go over any questions or details regarding our STS-V product lineup.

Thank you,

D3 Research & Design

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    D3 did powercoating to the Supercharger Lids a while back but have discontinued servicing the STS-V.

Alright. I'm going to have the lid powder coated. What do I need to know about removing the lid? Will I have to replace a gasket? Torque specs on reinstall?

I have a subscription to alldata but they don't cover sc disassembly. Does the FSM?

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.