Hey fellas... new here questions on my possible purchase.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Hey fellas... new here questions on my possible purchase. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm looking at an 06 STS V with 50k on the clock. Just curious how the maintenance is on this ...
    David Anthony Brown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey fellas... new here questions on my possible purchase.

I'm looking at an 06 STS V with 50k on the clock. Just curious how the maintenance is on this beast? I expect full synthetic oil changes and such... I have more of a question about the 60k maintenance etc. Just curious how expensive these things are to maintain. I have an 06 TBSS too... it hasnt been too bad. Thanks!

Yes I searched and couldnt find anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Hey fellas... new here questions on my possible purchase.

The only problem with the oil change is that we hold 9qts of oil. Good news is that the intervals are not as close. If you can get a warranty then do so you will be covered on anything big that might go out. I have had mine since there were 27K on the clock, now she has 52K and she has been very good to me. Nothing major. The biggest repair was a front right wheel hub covered by warranty. Others have had more repairs than me.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Expect routine maintenance costs to be proportionate with the car's MSRP. Oil changes are not cheap, but like others have said, if you use a good synthetic like you are supposed to, you can go longer between changes.

This car has a great engine and transmission, you shouldn't expect many issues there, and the rear end holds up based on how you treat it. Treat it well, expect no problems...launch the car frequently, expect to buy a new rear or two. The real fun comes from all the tech and gadgets in the car...THAT is what you will be replacing and fixing frequently. Just like any other premium sedan with this level of luxury and tech, there is alot to go wrong, so it often does.

ddivinia is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is the recommended service schedule for the car?

American cars are usually very reasonable.

Compared to a Lexus, MB, etc - they look free.

D.

David Anthony Brown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the help guys.... I'm going to do the final test drive tonight and try ands work out the numbers... I'll let you know if I buy!

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

do the oil yourself....its only about 45 bux, not the 90-100 the dealer charges.

F

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

X2 True that!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.