Newbie Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Newbie Help in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the site, but I'm glad to have found you. I bought my wife a ...
    Bildewey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Red face Newbie Help

Hi Guys,
    I'm a newbie to the site, but I'm glad to have found you. I bought my wife a 2007 Raven Black STS-V and I'm still learning alot about the car, but damn I love it. I'm wondering if you can help me with a few questions ( I bought the car used and didn't get all of the books):
    1) on the info center, what's the "+99.9 gal fuel used" mean? I can't find it in the one book I got.
    2) How do I zero the lap timer?
    3) I need to replace all of the brake pads. The ones on the car work great, but they are the dirtiest pads I've ever had. Any suggestions..EBC, Performance Brake, ???
    4) How robust is the motor, tranny, and rear end? I want to drive it hard and have I been, but is there anything I should keep an eye on?
    5) The dealer that sold me the car said it had a 6yr 100K "bumper to bumper" warranty. The Ad said that too. Once I got home and read the window sticker closer, it just said "warranty". The Caddy website sayd only the body is 100k. If it doesn't have the bmper to bmpr 6yr 100k, can I purchase an extended warranty from GM?
    6) Lastly, someone told me to get the Edmunds book. Is it worth it?
    Sorry for hitting you with all of this at once, but I just really dig the car.
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Newbie Help

I will try and answer some of your ? Ok the 99.9 is how many gallon the car used since it has been reset so use the info center buttons to reset it. Press and hold the button for 5sec than it will 00.0 it out. That also goes for the timer same thing. As for driving hard I think I drive mine harder than any one else on this forum or at least have videos of it. Trans is strong engine is strong if you take care of them. But the rearend that is the week link. If it hops the back tires when spinning or under hard acceleration. If you feel the back of the car hop let out do not wate for it to stop it will be to late. Other than that have fun and drive it hard it likes it. Ryan. Ps. Brake pads I run hawk hps pads on My Sts-v and my c5 vette and even my 2500 truck work good for me and still dust just not as bad.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

1. You need to reset the DIC by hitting the zero button on the left side of the steering wheel.
    2. I believe it is the same as 1.
    3. Replace them with Hawk Ceramic pads. I sell them on my site. StreetSideAuto.com.
    Front Ceramic Z Series Pads:
    http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...&PQString=none

Rear Ceramic Z Series Pads:
    http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...&PQString=none

4. Motor and Tranny and pretty good. The rear end is the weak link.
    5. The car came with a 5/50K bumper to bumper. If it was a Certified Preowned Cadillac then you got the 6/100K. Check with the dealership you bought it from.
    6. don't know ab out the book. You can get the owners manuals from Ebay pretty cheap.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy it!!

P.S. I offer a 10% discount to fourm members.

brbevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Thumbs up to the Streetside Ceramic brakes. I put on front and rear and have been very happy. Quiet and minimal dust.

Bob Glenn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V

Welcome! I use my car as a daily driver (a little over 20k per year) and installed ceramic brakes ordered through StreetsideAuto about a month ago. The brakes were shipped quickly (very happy with streetside) and are much cleaner (low dust) and quieter the my prior brakes.

Hawk Performance HB453Z.585 - Disc Brake Pad; Performance Ceramic w/0.585 Thickness
    Hawk Performance HB194Z.570 - Disc Brake Pad; Performance Ceramic w/0.570 Thickness

Regards,

Bob

Cool Re: Newbie Help

You guys rock! Thanks for the info. I'm still a little confused (not hard to do) about the 99.9% gals used, because it's in % and it's been like that since we bought the car. We've put a few thousand miles on it since Dec. Does anyone in the San Diego area get together for drives? I have friend in the Porsche Club and I can always go out with them. It would actually be kinda fun runnin with a bunch of Porsches in 4 door. :-) The car is a certified pre-owned from Allen Caddilac in So Cal, so it looks like the 6/100 is correct...whew!!! Thanks for the referral PGA2B. I'll be ordering in the next week or two. Is there a redemption code or a place to show being a forum member?

willits is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1958 Coupe DeVille, 1961 Series 62 Convertible, 2008 STS-V

Hi,
    If you are just looking for an owner's manual you can get one at: http://www.cadillac.com/manuals/, just click your year and the STS-V and you can get a PDF.
    If you want the service manual, I found mine at www.Books4cars.com, for $159.99. It is five volumes and pretty heavy, but all the information is there.
    I hope it helps.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Bildewey View Post
    Is there a redemption code or a place to show being a forum member?
    The coupon code is cadillacowners.

Cool Re: Newbie Help

The timing couldn't be better. I checked the pads yesterday and they are due. No time for wasting the rotors.

Peter, I'm looking for the service and repair manual.. Is yours the Helms manual? The price is about the same. I've heard the Helms was really good and that it covered pretty much everything there was to be covered. I spoke with the Caddy reps at the Intl Auto Show and they swore by it.

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.