Crash the STS-V. Im Screwed!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Crash the STS-V. Im Screwed! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; This f'ing blows. I accidently rear ended someone tonight. First time Ive been in an accident, it happened so quick. ...
    rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Crash the STS-V. Im Screwed!

This f'ing blows. I accidently rear ended someone tonight. First time Ive been in an accident, it happened so quick. To top it off, my insurance just lapsed. So im totally screwed. The good part is, it barely hurt the van that I hit, just minor bumper scratches. On my end though it did a number, I cant believe how much damage was done to my car, I couldnt have been going more than 5 mph when I hit but it totally crushed in the front bumper. Im gonna need a new front bumper, grill, hood, possibly both fenders, radiator and maybe electric fan. Im gonna have to buy all these parts myself and install and have them painted unless I can get some used black ones. Does anybody know where i can get these parts new or used for a good price?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: Crash the STS-V. Im Screwed!

Pictures?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

No Offense.....But if you did that much damage no way were you going just 5 mph.

Try LKQ.com for the parts.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

There is an STS-V bumper on ebay right now...$275 or best offer. That's a great deal if you ask me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...item3a62c1d558

A hood, though not as cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-09...item4cf4269632

The fenders should be very easy to find, especially in black.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i can help with OEM parts

PM me your VIN and a parts list if you're interested in getting a price quote
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

wait, did I read that wrong,

Insurance Lapsed?

Not to be rude or mean, but having your insurace lapse cost you how much more than the policy, not including the fact you have just opened up the ability to be sued?

5mph would barely buckle the bumper, let alone crush the hood, fenders, and raditor support. I would like to see a picture of this if you have any.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    wait, did I read that wrong,

Insurance Lapsed?

Not to be rude or mean, but having your insurace lapse cost you how much more than the policy, not including the fact you have just opened up the ability to be sued?

5mph would barely buckle the bumper, let alone crush the hood, fenders, and raditor support. I would like to see a picture of this if you have any.
    He said "insurance just lapsed". Quite a coincidence there.

If anything more that the bumper cover and attached parts was damaged (hood, fenders, radiator...etc), he was DEFINITELY going faster than 5mph.

If one can afford to drive around in a $77k luxury sedan, one can certainly afford insurance for it. If money is too tight to afford the insurance payment after the car payment and gas, perhaps one needs to look into cheaper alternatives.

In all fairness when I was 25 I did some stupid things too but letting the insurance lapse?

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
    If one can afford to drive around in a $77k luxury sedan, one can certainly afford insurance for it. If money is too tight to afford the insurance payment after the car payment and gas, perhaps one needs to look into cheaper alternatives.
    I was going to say that but didn't want to sound too harsh.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I had 2 car payments that were over $500 each when I was 22 and let tell you it was good I had good insurance. I hid some thing in the road and put a hole in the gas tank. So after all was fixed and has-mat bill and tow it cost my insurance $8,100 and me $500 so insurance is you friend.

jmak135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

Absolutely no way were you doing 5mph per hour to damage the front end that badly. This car doesn't have a plastic rad support that just breaks from a low impact collision. It likely happened fast because either A. you were driving faster then said speed B. you weren't paying enough attention C. you were tailgating the driver in front of you or D. ALL of the above.

I am going to have to agree with the other members you don't belong driving the car if you can't afford all the bills including INSURANCE on it. Maybe you should consider selling it and getting something like a Volvo that stops itself. Might be safer and less expense for the rest of us that have to pay something called "uninsured/ underinsured insurace" when someone like you rearends us.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

broke ass dude. i keep full coverage on my car, even when its in winter storage.

obviously as you know I just ****ed my car up and have a lot of shit to deal with. I dont need a bunch of dicks flipping me shit. Whats the point of six or seven dick heads saying the same shit? Okay ya it may have not been 5 mpg but its my first crash it felt like 5 mph, it really didnt feel like I was going fast. it was raining out and the stupid bitch in front of me slammed on the brakes for no reason, couldnt stop in time.

About the insurance, I just got laid off, bad timing because ive only had the cara few months. I switched my car to my old policy which was covering my crossfire and the 6 months ended on tuesday so I wouldve had to make payment on tuesday to continue the insurance, and I didnt have the money to do so until next wednesday when my unemployment comes in.

anyways, if your gonna flip me shit, I really dont need it so dont post. thanks

Thanks to everyone thats been helpful. And btw im only 25 and am still in college so maybe you could understand if im not making 100k a year like some of you.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.