Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Euro/Clear Taillights

36K views 84 replies 29 participants last post by  Ludacrisvp 
#1 ·
Where did you guys get your clear taillights. Ive looked but cant find them anywhere.

#62 ·
So I was doing a bit of searching for these lights, considering picking up a set for the car.

LH #25754023 appears to have been replaced with this part #20782673.
RH #25754022 appears to have been replaced with this part #20782674, however the original number appears to still be valid at GMPartsDirect.
Still seems to have the same list price as the original LH part, but not sure if it really is the same light assembly.
Since both seem to have been assigned new P/Ns does one assume that they are slightly different than the old ones or is this simply indicating new supplier or something?
Assuming the prices above are still valid, can one assume that this would be basically $800 shipped from Rippy's?
FWIW GMPartsDirect would do it for $777 shipped, assuming they are the right parts using the old RH P/N, using the new P/Ns they are $786 shipped.
Any chance of finding a replacement CHMSL (3rd brake) that is like the accessory version that is clear that is still orderable? (As seen on 1BadCad's and leija_01's STS)

Note: I did seem to find a site that claims that they have all 3 of the GM accessory tails (I have sent them an email attempting to verify if they actually have any of them).
To people that have the Euro with amber LEDs on the USA/Domestic model any wiring changes needed to get amber only signals and red only brake light / running light?

#11 ·
Most of us that ordered the GM Accessory Lamps found one or both of them were cracked on the bottom of the lens; took two sets before mine came undamaged; I do have a brand new- single drivers side GM Accessory Lamp listed here in the classifieds -- However I do not have its passenger side counterpart to make the set complete.

#18 ·
I'm not sure if this is old news to everyone but I just thougth I'd share the information...

I did a search on part numbers 17802271 - Clear GM Accessory Tail Lights and 17802272 - Clear GM Accessory Third Brake Light. The search turned up several GM parts websites that showed to have the items, with decent prices I might add ($285 for the tail lights and $196 for the third brake light). I called one of the websites, which turns out to be a Chevy Dealership Parts department and the employee informed me that they do not have them in stock, nor does any dealer in the country or GM show them as having them in stock. He says it shows they were discontinued in 2009. Just sharing the info.

-Mark

#21 · (Edited)
So has anyone actually seen the export version in person? Looking through some pictures of cars for sale in various countries, it seems the brake lights are amber... I ordered a set of export tail lamps (haven't received them yet). I understood the brake lights are red and turn signals are amber. Just looking for confirmation.

This is a pic of a 2010 3.6L V6 STS in Italy.

#23 ·
ALL euro tail lights must have different colors for the turn signals, usually amber or yellow. Been that way for years. So yes, the euro ones should have amber for the turn signal and red for the brake. Have you never watched Top Gear? Best show on TV (Brittish version, not that crappy US version they just started) - and you can learn alot!

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.