Driver Side Door Wont Open.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Driver Side Door Wont Open. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; My driver side door all of a sudden wont open. Every other door works fine but the drive side. I ...
    rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Driver Side Door Wont Open.

My driver side door all of a sudden wont open. Every other door works fine but the drive side. I open it with the key fob or just pull on the handle with the fob in pocket and nothing. The red light blinks on the door and the doors sound like they are unlocking but it wont open. The only way to open the door is from inside. So now everytime i want to drive the car I have to go in from the passenger and open the door from the inside. Any Idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Driver Side Door Wont Open.

Don't know why it is doing that but mine is to. All one day when it was cold out like real cold 5-10 out. Now it works fine 32 out. But if I pulled fast and like 10-15 times not hard just fast I could get it to open. Real pain in the a** for shore. I'm trying to find out what it was I will keep you posted. Ryan

rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I was driving on the freeway the other day and I thought I popped my tire so I pulled off the side of the road and got out to take a look. I left my door open, and as im walking back to get inside a ****ing big ass truck drives by and the air slammed my door shut and I couldnt get back into my car. My car was running witht eh doors locked and had to call AAA to get the SOB open, really sucked.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

The door handle is bad. Do a search in the STS forum for my thread about that. They are around $80 and not that hard to replace. They have little microswitches inside that get corroded and fail. Very common.

Yep that sounds right to me that Is why it some times works and others not so much. Thanks. As for The car on the side of the highway did you try all the doors? My car opens all the doors but the driver side. You might have the battery in the fob going bad. Not the handle. Ryan

clark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

I've had them replaced several times! All under warranty, luckily. The dealer wrote it up as a 0.7 hr repair, so it must be pretty easy to do. I hope TimmyC's estimate of only $80 is right, because I expect to see this again, and my warranty is done!

UpstateNY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS v8 AWD

My 06 is currently doing this, it was intermittent at first now it happens every time, very annoying. You don't need to go in through the passenger side. Just use the key in the hole, it pops the door open. I'm out of the mfg's warantee, but have a 3rd party extended, hopefully they don't hit me hit me with diagnostic charges.

I would use the key butt it was in the cup holder in the car ware I allways let it. When I drive the car so that was not a choice for me. As long as my car is warm in the gurage it works fine get it cold then It acts up. Their is a discussion on the ctsv 2 board abought this with their cars and it is water is geting in and messing up the handle. I'm holding out for warm weather then I will see. Ryan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.