Help! P0011 P0021
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Help! P0011 P0021 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I find one bug to squash and it seems another pops up. I know this car has problems from the ...
    GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Help! P0011 P0021

I find one bug to squash and it seems another pops up. I know this car has problems from the shape it was in when I stole it from the auction. I did not buy a warranty due to the fact this car was heavily abused to start with and almost no factory parts are to be found although I tried. I have done a lot of chasing of codes and problems but this one is a bit more tricky.

P0011 and Im pretty sure its P0021 could be 22 I know they are on the same bank and almost the same description. What do I need to look into on these codes. Where should I start and when I call over to Rippy what do I need?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Help! P0011 P0021

Sounds like a bad cam variator. They bolt to the front of the head.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Cam Position Sensor is my guess. Not sure if you need a CASE learn after changing the sensor.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Cam Position Sensor is my guess. Not sure if you need a CASE learn after changing the sensor.
    Probably more likely than the variator. I'd hook up a good scanner and watch the cam timing, compare cams to see if a sensor is bad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.