Intercooler pump
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Intercooler pump in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just got the heat exchanger mounted on my car and ran it for a while but the intercooler pump ...
    TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Intercooler pump

I just got the heat exchanger mounted on my car and ran it for a while but the intercooler pump never came on. Does that only come on at a certain intake air temp or is my pump bad? I want to get my heat exchanger filled up and purged.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Intercooler pump

The factory setting are:

Minimum Run time to enable pump is 10 Sec
    Minimum IAT temp is -13*F - Below this temp the Intercooler will be disabled
    Minimum IAT2 temp is 32*F - Below this temp the pump will be disabled.

The IAT2 is the air temp after the blower in the manifold. So once you start the engine it should run pretty quick. I would check you power to the pump to see if is has juice.

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Re: Intercooler pump

I jumpered it to get it purged so I know the pump works. I'll check it with the car running tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's fine. I was paying more attention to the engine coolant level the first time. The car is done except for the inner fenders in front and the hood. It's getting painted on Monday. I need to adjust one headlight bracket too. Can't wait to start modding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.