Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Noob intro/ exaust fitment question/ intake question in Cadillac V-Series Forums; First off, greetings to all from down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast! I recently purchased an 07 V and ...
- 01-27-11 04:04 PM #1Awaiting Email Confirmation
- Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Noob intro/ exaust fitment question/ intake question
First off, greetings to all from down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast! I recently purchased an 07 V and I'm gettin' this itch between my shoulders that feels like a chigger burrowing in my skin. After failed treatments with ointments and creams, I've realized it's not a chigger but a modifying bug. Sorry for the story, I can't help it.
I'm thinking I'll be installing a magnaflow system. I was looking at posted item numbers (thanks PGA2B) and I found that the tips used are listed with an inlet of 2.25. There is a discrepancy b/t the output of the rear muffler and the input of the tips (2.5 vs 2.25). Is this correct?
I would have pm'd the question, but I'm a noob and maybe someone else will benefit from the answer/discussion.
Also, since I can't pm yet, did spectre only order intakes that were prepaid? I'd think they'd gone ahead and ordered a few extras. Just wonderin'.
- 01-27-11 04:13 PM #2
Re: Noob intro/ exaust fitment question/ intake question
1. The tips will need to be cut just a bit to accept the 2.5" inlet of the mufflers. Any good muffler shop can do it. There is plenty of room before they would cut into the double wall of the tip.
2. Yes, I have more on order. That was just a special priced Group Buy. They will be available from my website once they are in stock. I am the only place you can get it as I have the exclusive rights to it from Spectre.
- 01-27-11 04:24 PM #3
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Signature Products Group Mossy Oak - Gear Shift Knob
Gear Shift Knob - Browning Pistol Grip
- Car-Freshner Little Trees - Air Freshener
Air Freshener - Leather; 3 Pak
- O'Reilly Chemicals - Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid
Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid - Heavy Duty High Temp Formula; For ABS Disc & Drum Brakes; 1 Quart