Gas Mileage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Gas Mileage in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by youknooow Coach, Torched10, and PGA2B I live in Atlanta as well!!! I travel alot for work, but ...
    JPSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC, 2003 Escalade, 2007 STS-V All Black

Re: Gas Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Coach, Torched10, and PGA2B I live in Atlanta as well!!! I travel alot for work, but I would fully support a V series meeting! Or just meeting up in general.
    Hey YOUKNOOOW, Its JPSTSV that lives in Norcross near Atlanta

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

i tried to send a prvt message, it would not allow me because I am a new user, send me one if you want to meet up.

Hey Guys, I dont know if Prv Msg works. I tried to send Youknooow one, it said it sent. But anyway we can start a new thread or something about Atl STS-V. I know we got 4 of us pretty close by ( COACH, TORCHED10, YOUKNOOOW and JPSTSV.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

Coach--i too live in dunwoody--think ive seen your car--its black right??theers a group of us car guys that meet every Sat at the Starbucks in dunwoody village--were there from around 8 till 9:30--if you want to meet up let me know so ill make sure im there--tried sending you a PM but your not taking messsgaes,so send me one

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

just tried using pure gas w/o ethanol, for a whole tank---as you know ethanol has 30-40% less power than gas, and thuse mileage is reduced 10-15%.So i tested mine with pure gas in my STSV and 2010 Shelby gt-500. My STS V went from 13.5 to 15mpg, and the Shelby went from 12 to 13.5. Heres a website that has many of the ethanol free stations http://pure-gas.org/. Ive found 2 near me, both BP stations--same price as other stations gas with ethanol

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    Coach--i too live in dunwoody--think ive seen your car--its black right??theers a group of us car guys that meet every Sat at the Starbucks in dunwoody village--were there from around 8 till 9:30--if you want to meet up let me know so ill make sure im there--tried sending you a PM but your not taking messsgaes,so send me one
    Hey Torched10, I went by the Starbucks tonight 8:15 and hung around till 8:45. Nice street lights beside Starbucks in the drugstore area. Didnt see anybody, anyway, maybe we can hook up later. It was only 8 miles from my house. Like the Hickory House over there too.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Maybe he meant they meet in the morning. My PM privileges were taken away about a year ago and never reinstated. I assume that Florian and Lord don't want me to have those privileges back but nevertheless it doesn't really bother me. A while back when I was posting about the mods I was doing on my car they didn't like me stating who and where I got the work done since those places were not paid vendors.

I travel a lot so I am only in town occasionally but I do have a silver STS-V if anyone was wondering. Oh by the way, I raced a Challenger SRT8 on 400 yesterday and boy was he surpised when he couldn't keep up. I think it kinda pissed him off. He cut in front of me and floored it so I figured what the heck I might as well lower his ego a little.

Indyblue98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    Took a 6 hour trip each way for work and averaged 27.5mpg on the highway. Zeroed everything out prior to the trip and drove through the Tennessee mountains on I-75. In town it is much less but highway was not bad at all.

It was tuned by a local tuner in Atlanta. Before all the upgrades and a retune I only averaged about 20.8mpg on the highway.
    Have you checked the results with Pump readings vs DIC average? The reason I ask is some computers/tuners don't have the abilty to compensate for larger injectors.
    I just finished a 1500 mile trip and averaged 20.2 mpg on paper.
    Would love to get a 30% increase.
    Around town driving i average only 14-15 mpg.
    I read some of your upgrades a few months back, now that the V is almost out of warranty it would be great to get another 75-100 hp and the better gas milage as benefit.

I haven't compared it to pump readings. I can tell you that in town mpg is about the same or even slightly less than before. I also have retained the majority of my GMPP warranty with my current dealership. Since I have the CAI they will not warranty the MAF sensor and since I upgraded the heat exchanger they will not warranty it for leaks or the intercooler pump but everything else is still warrantied.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

I will be at the Starbucks Sat, and the weather forecast is looking good! I have taken several 100 mile trips, with only using 6th gear, engine primarily not receiving any boost, and avg 85mph: I get 20 miles to the gallon.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    I had Vengeance Racing tune my car after all the mods. They are not sponsored here so I can't give any more details. I live near Dunwoody area and I would be up for a meet sometime.

How many people have modded their cars? If you guys have a few mods or plan to get the Spectre intake we can do a dyno day at Dynolab in Marietta one Thursday evening. On Thursday's they do a 3 dyno pull for I think $50 or $75 without O2.
    So do you get a handheld and then have a company make a custom tune for you? Or do you just have them do put the custom tune on your car, and then you can't take it off?

Well I had Vengeance work with Wait4me during initial tuning because I have the SCT handheld from Jesse. Vengeance uses EFI as does Wait4me so after Vengeance tuned I sent the tune to Jesse to convert to SCT file for the handheld. Since then it needed a retune since I added a full CAI and modified exhaust a little so I have Vengeance due it with EFI again. I haven't changed back to Jesse's tune but I can put the stock tune back (Jesse's new version for my mods) in my car at any time.

If I make it up to Indiana to visit my wife's parents I will stop in and have Jesse throw it on the dyno and create an updated tune from my current one made by Vengeance. It sounds kinda of confusing but I think I have my bases covered as far as warranty goes in case something goes wrong. My dealer has never said a word about anything so far.

14. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.