Gas Mileage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Gas Mileage in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by youknooow Coach, Torched10, and PGA2B I live in Atlanta as well!!! I travel alot for work, but ...
    JPSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC, 2003 Escalade, 2007 STS-V All Black

Re: Gas Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Coach, Torched10, and PGA2B I live in Atlanta as well!!! I travel alot for work, but I would fully support a V series meeting! Or just meeting up in general.
    Hey YOUKNOOOW, Its JPSTSV that lives in Norcross near Atlanta

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

i tried to send a prvt message, it would not allow me because I am a new user, send me one if you want to meet up.

Hey Guys, I dont know if Prv Msg works. I tried to send Youknooow one, it said it sent. But anyway we can start a new thread or something about Atl STS-V. I know we got 4 of us pretty close by ( COACH, TORCHED10, YOUKNOOOW and JPSTSV.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

Coach--i too live in dunwoody--think ive seen your car--its black right??theers a group of us car guys that meet every Sat at the Starbucks in dunwoody village--were there from around 8 till 9:30--if you want to meet up let me know so ill make sure im there--tried sending you a PM but your not taking messsgaes,so send me one

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

just tried using pure gas w/o ethanol, for a whole tank---as you know ethanol has 30-40% less power than gas, and thuse mileage is reduced 10-15%.So i tested mine with pure gas in my STSV and 2010 Shelby gt-500. My STS V went from 13.5 to 15mpg, and the Shelby went from 12 to 13.5. Heres a website that has many of the ethanol free stations http://pure-gas.org/. Ive found 2 near me, both BP stations--same price as other stations gas with ethanol

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    Coach--i too live in dunwoody--think ive seen your car--its black right??theers a group of us car guys that meet every Sat at the Starbucks in dunwoody village--were there from around 8 till 9:30--if you want to meet up let me know so ill make sure im there--tried sending you a PM but your not taking messsgaes,so send me one
    Hey Torched10, I went by the Starbucks tonight 8:15 and hung around till 8:45. Nice street lights beside Starbucks in the drugstore area. Didnt see anybody, anyway, maybe we can hook up later. It was only 8 miles from my house. Like the Hickory House over there too.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Maybe he meant they meet in the morning. My PM privileges were taken away about a year ago and never reinstated. I assume that Florian and Lord don't want me to have those privileges back but nevertheless it doesn't really bother me. A while back when I was posting about the mods I was doing on my car they didn't like me stating who and where I got the work done since those places were not paid vendors.

I travel a lot so I am only in town occasionally but I do have a silver STS-V if anyone was wondering. Oh by the way, I raced a Challenger SRT8 on 400 yesterday and boy was he surpised when he couldn't keep up. I think it kinda pissed him off. He cut in front of me and floored it so I figured what the heck I might as well lower his ego a little.

Indyblue98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    Took a 6 hour trip each way for work and averaged 27.5mpg on the highway. Zeroed everything out prior to the trip and drove through the Tennessee mountains on I-75. In town it is much less but highway was not bad at all.

It was tuned by a local tuner in Atlanta. Before all the upgrades and a retune I only averaged about 20.8mpg on the highway.
    Have you checked the results with Pump readings vs DIC average? The reason I ask is some computers/tuners don't have the abilty to compensate for larger injectors.
    I just finished a 1500 mile trip and averaged 20.2 mpg on paper.
    Would love to get a 30% increase.
    Around town driving i average only 14-15 mpg.
    I read some of your upgrades a few months back, now that the V is almost out of warranty it would be great to get another 75-100 hp and the better gas milage as benefit.

I haven't compared it to pump readings. I can tell you that in town mpg is about the same or even slightly less than before. I also have retained the majority of my GMPP warranty with my current dealership. Since I have the CAI they will not warranty the MAF sensor and since I upgraded the heat exchanger they will not warranty it for leaks or the intercooler pump but everything else is still warrantied.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

I will be at the Starbucks Sat, and the weather forecast is looking good! I have taken several 100 mile trips, with only using 6th gear, engine primarily not receiving any boost, and avg 85mph: I get 20 miles to the gallon.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    I had Vengeance Racing tune my car after all the mods. They are not sponsored here so I can't give any more details. I live near Dunwoody area and I would be up for a meet sometime.

How many people have modded their cars? If you guys have a few mods or plan to get the Spectre intake we can do a dyno day at Dynolab in Marietta one Thursday evening. On Thursday's they do a 3 dyno pull for I think $50 or $75 without O2.
    So do you get a handheld and then have a company make a custom tune for you? Or do you just have them do put the custom tune on your car, and then you can't take it off?

Well I had Vengeance work with Wait4me during initial tuning because I have the SCT handheld from Jesse. Vengeance uses EFI as does Wait4me so after Vengeance tuned I sent the tune to Jesse to convert to SCT file for the handheld. Since then it needed a retune since I added a full CAI and modified exhaust a little so I have Vengeance due it with EFI again. I haven't changed back to Jesse's tune but I can put the stock tune back (Jesse's new version for my mods) in my car at any time.

If I make it up to Indiana to visit my wife's parents I will stop in and have Jesse throw it on the dyno and create an updated tune from my current one made by Vengeance. It sounds kinda of confusing but I think I have my bases covered as far as warranty goes in case something goes wrong. My dealer has never said a word about anything so far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.