Service Tire Monitor System - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Service Tire Monitor System in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Had the same message pop up yesterday "Service Tire Monitor System" - checked the PSI on tires all good but ...
    caddygrl911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: Service Tire Monitor System

Had the same message pop up yesterday "Service Tire Monitor System" - checked the PSI on tires all good but
    my RR isn't reading. Called the dealership taking it in tomorrow. If they can't reprogram and I have to get I new
    sensor, should it be covered by warranty? 08 CTS - extended wrap till 2014. If not, how much should I expect to pay? Thanks

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

These sensors are sensitive as, since they have been installed in my aftermarket wheels, they have been "dying" off slowly, its going to the dealer today.

DutchJ&M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V8 AWD

It's just a piece of crap, the monitors they used.
    Once in a while my left front has it, but today, after driving 70 miles or so with the left front tire giving 0 I stopped at an intersection. Display reads exp200. Checking LF tire, presure ok, but now the RF tire gives _ _ _

AnthonyS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V
    The local dealer here said it's an ongoing issue with all GM cars. My buddies H2 is doing the same as mine. They replaced one of his and it did it again a few weeks later.

konoplya is offline Cadillac Owners Member

didn't mean to bring this thread from afterlife, but i have the same problem just occurred on the 08 sts4.. right front tire. the car has extended warranty should it be covered do you think? if not, what is the ballpark of the replacement of this sensor? thanks guys!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by konoplya View Post
    didn't mean to bring this thread from afterlife, but i have the same problem just occurred on the 08 sts4.. right front tire. the car has extended warranty should it be covered do you think? if not, what is the ballpark of the replacement of this sensor? thanks guys!
    Hello konoplya,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. In order for me to further assist you can you please private message me on this forum with your contact information, VIN# and current mileage? Also, the name and address of your local Cadillac dealership which you have had your vehicle serviced at, or the name and address of the dealership which you are thinking of taking your vehicle to? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Mine has been doing this for 2 years. At first, it was only on cool mornings. Now it's daily. So what! Hit the button and move on.

I do have new wheels I just bought and will need new TPMS sensors, Do I need GM specific ones? Or can I get the Dorman replacements on sites like Parts Geeks?

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by konoplya View Post
    Had this happen a few months ago. I'm under warranty and brought it up to the Service Advisor. He was cool about it. Said they couldn't reproduce the error but replaced it under warranty anyway. The sensors are not cheap. I believe it was listed at $115....which means they're probably on ebay for $30. (I have never actually looked)

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Usually $35 - $45.

GMPD doesn't even list them. They show them in the diagram, and they have the price for the valve itself, but not the whole TPMS sensor.

Which is why I asked above, can I use those? Or is this thing so freakin anal retentive that it requires a GM one. I think the OEM's use 315Mhz frequency. As such, will any 315Mhz frequency unit work?

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Why is there no option to turn this BS off? I can't turn stability control off because one of my tire pressure sensors is bad. Ridiculous.

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Americas tire or Discount Tire has them for 65.00 installed. That is where I had
    mine done. Kept going to dealer with the DIC and they never would replace them.
    The right rear kept going out so I put a new one and haven't had a problem since.

Kirk

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Some dealers have an interesting way of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by kbf250 View Post
    Kept going to dealer with the DIC and they never would replace them.

Kirk

Maze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2007

how to reset so the message "Service tire Monitor System" can be removed

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

This is a 10 month old thread, and this section of the forums is for the STS-V.

One or more of your TPMS sensors is not communicating. The battery/batteries are probably dead. The dead sensors need to be replaced. I'd recommend replacing them all.
    Ludacrisvp and KingOfLacs like this.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

battery in the sensor for that wheel is weak, may read sometimes and sometimes not need to just put a new sensor in it and have a relearn procedure done

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.