2006 vs. 2007 STS-V? Which is better?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2006 vs. 2007 STS-V? Which is better? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello All, I am starting to narrow down the year of STS-V I would like, which year seems more reliable? ...
    mmayzak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 InfraRed/Cashmere CTS-V with Cali Emmissions (1 of 15)

2006 vs. 2007 STS-V? Which is better?

Hello All,

I am starting to narrow down the year of STS-V I would like, which year seems more reliable?

Mike in Yukon, OK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: 2006 vs. 2007 STS-V? Which is better?

They are the same.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Same car, 07 had optional HUD though.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

The 08 has the HUD didn't think it was on any 07's but I could be wrong. I know the programming is in the 06 ECM and I also think it could be added for a price.... Another difference is that the 07 has the extended turn signals meaning that after you release the lever is continues to blink 3 more times. Or if you just slightly touch the lever it will blink 3 times. The 06 has a different CAN Bus System than the 07 also. Those are just the ones that come to mind.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

My '07 doesnt have the triple turn signals! dang! I love those.

Also, a lot of '07s could be under warranty still depending on the date they were originally made. Mine still has the factory warranty till May, so I have the option to extend it thru GM if I like. An '06 wouldnt have that.. unless its already extended.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Same car, 07 had optional HUD though.

08 had HUD, 07 didnt.

F

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    My '07 doesnt have the triple turn signals! dang! I love those.
    My wife's Mercedes has those and I sure wish my 06 had them.

What about that feature where you slightly depress the turn signal lever until you are done changing lanes? That way if it takes more or less than 3 binks, you're good!

You mean using the turn signal...........

The 07 I drove would blink 3 more times after I let go of the turn signal if I didn't fully engage it, or if I lightly pressed it. Not sure what the feature is actually called.

JPSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC, 2003 Escalade, 2007 STS-V All Black

The STS-V was introduced at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show. It was available for sale in late 2005.

2006 was first whole year, not much different to 2007, differences come in 2008
    I was told Hud on 2008, no option on 2007, only options on 07 was to not have Sunroof, add a engine heater for 100, and the Siver Ghost paint was the 3 options on 2007. Paddle shifting comes later too. The engine changes in 08 to a Northstar V8 SC . The 06 +07 had Northstar V8 VVT engine. You can look those up cuss I dont know much about those, except for 1 mile or 2 more on gas,lol, you will need all the help you can get.
    The best option I can advise is to get the GM Certified, which can be added if car is still under warranty. Also the 08's will be coming off lease this year, get an executive lease if you can.

Here is link for comparisons:
    http://www.cadillac.com/tools/cpo/sh...o?modelId=2324

csf
    csf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V (Platinum/Gray)

Quote Originally Posted by JPSTSV View Post
    The STS-V was introduced at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show. It was available for sale in late 2005.

2006 was first whole year, not much different to 2007, differences come in 2008
    I was told Hud on 2008, no option on 2007, only options on 07 was to not have Sunroof, add a engine heater for 100, and the Siver Ghost paint was the 3 options on 2007. Paddle shifting comes later too. The engine changes in 08 to a Northstar V8 SC . The 06 +07 had Northstar V8 VVT engine. You can look those up cuss I dont know much about those, except for 1 mile or 2 more on gas,lol, you will need all the help you can get.
    The best option I can advise is to get the GM Certified, which can be added if car is still under warranty. Also the 08's will be coming off lease this year, get an executive lease if you can.

Here is link for comparisons:
    http://www.cadillac.com/tools/cpo/sh...o?modelId=2324
    I AM SURE THE SUPERCHARGED NORTHSTAR IS IDENTICAL IN EVERY STS-V EVER MADE . . . ALL YEARS ARE THE SAME.

(sorry for the all caps - but trying to make a point.)

Quote Originally Posted by csf View Post
    I AM SURE THE SUPERCHARGED NORTHSTAR IS IDENTICAL IN EVERY STS-V EVER MADE . . . ALL YEARS ARE THE SAME.

(sorry for the all caps - but trying to make a point.)
    Hey CSF, I am not making this stuff up, (DID YOU GO TO THE LINK I POSTED).
    Everyone here knows that STS-V's are all Northstar 4.4L Supercharged engines. And I stated I didnt know alot about the differences but if you look at CADILLAC's compare link I gave before.
    I do know the 2008+2009 has SC=LC3 and 2006 + 2007 has VVT= Variable Valve Timing. Bore was reduced to help on air intake and exhaust side.
    Although MMAYZAK wants to know the difference between 2006 and 2007. I guess I gave TMI (2muchinfo). And if MMAYZAK has waited this long for a 06 or 07. I was giving ideas on the 2008. I just got my 2007 Black Raven this way. I wish I had waited for a 08, but barely found the 07 they are far and few inbetween. Wiffe says I am never satisfied... I was happy with my 2002 BLACK on Black ELDORADO ETC , till the deer jumped in front of me. I am still new to this STS-V.

Later, JPSTSV

Lets put this issue to rest, shall we?

Interchange # : 15444 * Interchange * List price : 10478
    Part: ENG Model: CADSTS Yr: 06

# Model Year Description
    1 CADSTS 06 V ser, (4.4L, VIN D, 8th digit)
    2 CADSTS 07-09 V ser, (4.4L, VIN D, 8th digit, opt LC3)

V series, (4.4L, VIN D, 8th digit, opt LC3)
    GM $10478
    4.4L,(8-267),VIN "D", opt LC3.
    OEM #s: 12598916

2006-2009 - STS-V, same engine assembly. Same part number across all years. Zero difference engine-wise from 2006-2009. You are welcome.

csf
    csf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V (Platinum/Gray)

Quote Originally Posted by JPSTSV View Post
    Hey CSF, I am not making this stuff up, (DID YOU GO TO THE LINK I POSTED).
    Everyone here knows that STS-V's are all Northstar 4.4L Supercharged engines. And I stated I didnt know alot about the differences but if you look at CADILLAC's compare link I gave before.
    I do know the 2008+2009 has SC=LC3 and 2006 + 2007 has VVT= Variable Valve Timing. Bore was reduced to help on air intake and exhaust side.
    Although MMAYZAK wants to know the difference between 2006 and 2007. I guess I gave TMI (2muchinfo). And if MMAYZAK has waited this long for a 06 or 07. I was giving ideas on the 2008. I just got my 2007 Black Raven this way. I wish I had waited for a 08, but barely found the 07 they are far and few inbetween. Wiffe says I am never satisfied... I was happy with my 2002 BLACK on Black ELDORADO ETC , till the deer jumped in front of me. I am still new to this STS-V.

Later, JPSTSV
    JP
    I apologize, was not trying to be a jerk, just wanted to clarify this as you said you were still learning - and I did look at the link. That chart is confusing. The ONLY difference between all the STS-V engines is the way they described them in that chart - for some reason Cadillac wrote VVT in the 06 and 07 and SC in the 08 and 09 . . . but the truth is ALL year STS-V engines are both VVT and SC, they are all the same LC3's, all handbuilt in the same assembly plant in Wixom, MI, and all have identical HP/torque . . .which you can see in the chart. There are some minor changes in the 08 and 09's (fender vents, HUD, steering wheel controls, and gauge designs) and maybe a few others. . . but that wonderful engine is the same in every year, including your 07 and mine.

CSF

ps - I'm sure no paddle shifters on any STS-V either . . . only the CTS-V's

Thanks 550,
    I knew there was somebody out here that could answer these questions with detail and "put this to rest" as you said. I was trying to figure out the chart and looking at the differences of all the years.
    Thanks for the input on this thread. I have only had my STS-V since Thankgiving and still finding out things about this model. I also found only 642 produced for the 07 model.
    I am becoming a Fanatic about this car too. Like you 550 and CSF.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.