Noob w/ theft deterrent issue 06 STS-V "Starting disabled, theft detected" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Noob w/ theft deterrent issue 06 STS-V "Starting disabled, theft detected" in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have had the "Starting disabled, theft detected" come up on me when my battery died and I was in ...
    Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Re: Noob w/ theft deterrent issue 06 STS-V "Starting disabled, theft detected"

I have had the "Starting disabled, theft detected" come up on me when my battery died and I was in the process of jumping it.

I left my radar on for like 5 days without driving the car (usually leaving the radar on doesnt drain it that bad for a couple days) and it drained the battery. this car is a real pain in the ass without any power.. the door wont full unlock so you have to use the key as if it were the door handle to unlock and open; then I had to reach thru the ski hole to get my cables because the trunk release was all electric. I had problems getting it jumped because when I finally got juice, all the automatic systems turn on and suck all my power so I had to wait till it cranked over.

deadhorse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    I have had the "Starting disabled, theft detected" come up on me when my battery died and I was in the process of jumping it.

I left my radar on for like 5 days without driving the car (usually leaving the radar on doesnt drain it that bad for a couple days) and it drained the battery. this car is a real pain in the ass without any power.. the door wont full unlock so you have to use the key as if it were the door handle to unlock and open; then I had to reach thru the ski hole to get my cables because the trunk release was all electric. I had problems getting it jumped because when I finally got juice, all the automatic systems turn on and suck all my power so I had to wait till it cranked over.
    So I think it is pretty much the case now that low battery levels will throw this anti-theft code. Which in itself is pretty weird.

As for what happened to me, I had been driving the car for about 45 minutes when I parked it and came back 45 minutes later to a completely dead car. I do not have anything in the car that would draw power such as a radar detector. My car was running fine before this happened and since it happened so it makes me wonder what could affect the battery in such a way to throw this theft code.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Maybe it has to do with unlocking without the fob, using the key?? Like the car awakens to find someone trying to start it was out entering the vehicle the normal way..

deadhorse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Maybe it has to do with unlocking without the fob, using the key?? Like the car awakens to find someone trying to start it was out entering the vehicle the normal way..
    I always use the FOB. When I walked up to the car and used teh FOB as I normally do, I noticed that it was completely dead. I had to use the key after that just to open the door to get in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.