Finally got a V! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Finally got a V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Going to the frame shop tomorrow. They are supposed to pull it Monday if my fender comes in....
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Finally got a V!

Going to the frame shop tomorrow. They are supposed to pull it Monday if my fender comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    You can use this PermaCool Part 2318 instead of the factory intercooler radiator.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Or you can also use a Flex-A-Lite 45321. It is almost twice the size of the factory to hold more fluid to keep the KR monster away. Also I sell them and will be installing one on my car in the spring.... Use your Cadillacowners discount and get 10% off making it $106.16 shipped...... Cheaper than factory and MUCH better. It is a 6 row cooler.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/flex...vy-duty-45321/

Here is a picture of it. It is the same size as the Perma-Cool.........

Wouldn't a radiator for a small car work better than these two units? Serpentine tube designs like the Perma-Cool and Flexalite are not as efficient as tube and fin designs like a radiator. That's why AC condensers are not serpentine fin any more. I measured my STS and it looks like there is about a 16"x24" area for the heat exchanger. I'm going to see if I can get a radiator to fit in there.

Chilly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

There is a stock take off hood on ebay for $600. Ran across it yesterday! didn't know if you were still looking for one or not! Good luck with the rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    There is a stock take off hood on ebay for $600. Ran across it yesterday! didn't know if you were still looking for one or not! Good luck with the rebuild!
    There are some salvage yards with new take offs too. I got one with the chrome trim on it for $500, $611 shipped. American Dismantler in MI. Thanks for the tip though.

Progress. I got the car back from the frame shop last Friday.

You can see in the first pic that the main frame rails are straight now.

Rear bumper cover removed. The original had a scuff hole from the accident. The exhaust on that side was also bent. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do there yet.

Upper radiator support welded in, radiators installed, bent brake line re-flared, new washer bottle installed.

Intake, engine cover, and strut bar reinstalled.

Salt washed off and floor rinsed.

I also replaced the airbag module, driver's steering wheel bag, and both front pretensioners. I'm still getting a Service Airbag message but I don't know why. I've done all this stuff before so I know what I'm doing. I'm wondering if my module is bad or one of the pretensioners is bad. I know it's not the wheel bag because I tested it in my car. No airbag light when it was in my car.

Now I need to get my new rear bumper cover, both fenders, and the hood painted. The hood looks black but it is Thunder Gray. I'm also waiting on the title. Nola V confirmed that it is on the way. I am at the mercy of the DMV for now.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Looks great so far..... Nice job! Do you know anyone with a Tech 2? They may be able to query the BCM and figure out why its coding you.

I just bought a Snap On Ethos so I can check that airbag code. I didn't get any keys with the scanner so I need to get a K21 key and the adapter. The shop I work at has one and I should be able to borrow the parts I need tomorrow.

We started scuffing parts for paint tonight. I took some pics that I'll upload tomorrow.

I'm still weighing options for heat exchangers but I'll probably go with the stage 3 version of the ZZP unit here: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=857&catid=139 I work there so I should be able to get a deal on a blank one and make my own brackets.

Are you Serious??? Turbo Tim???

I talked to Zoomer about making a pulley system for this car a long time ago and it just kind of died. Wouldn't mind it if you guys started to R&D some parts with your car..... Like a Crank Pulley system. I was telling him about the lack of aftermarket for this platform. I was looking at your ION intercooler for mine.

Small world. Most all of my upgrades from my 99 GTP came from you guys. I am PGA2B_2004 on Club GP.

I'm not Turbo Tim. There are two Tims now. ZZP is not interested in our market because there are so few cars. I'll be building and selling headers as well as pulleys, CAI kits, heat exchangers, and whatever else I can come up with on my own.

I see....

Paint prep pics from last night:

There are two V hoods because they are cheaper than regular hoods. I have a V front end on my STS4 that I am going to transfer over but I still need a hood for the STS4. New flat hoods are $700 plus $90 for the chrome strip. I got these two V hoods for low $600s shipped with the chrome strip installed. My STS4 will end up with an 08+ front bumper cover and a V hood.

And it's complete:

I'm still waiting on the damn title...Thanks Louisiana DMV

Mods are next. I've already upgraded the heat exchanger and I have a tune to upload tomorrow. I'm thinking Air Intake, exhaust, headers, pulley,colder plugs, and ported lid, in that order.

Looks Great as I said!! Congrats. I wish I had access to a paint booth.....

I need to repaint my front clip thanks to Highway driving everyday to and from work.

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Looking good!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.