Cabin filter installation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cabin filter installation in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just dropped a new cabin (passenger compartment) filter into the V's HVAC system and I'm not sure it is installed ...
    Slo Mo Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Cabin filter installation

Just dropped a new cabin (passenger compartment) filter into the V's HVAC system and I'm not sure it is installed correctly. The one I pulled out was sitting high in the bin, right at two tabs at top of the entrance. I was able to push the filter considerably farther down (and maybe forward or backward), but chose to leave the new one in the same position as the old one. Now I'm think the old one hadn't been installed correctly by the previous owner, as I can't see how the filter edges are sealed to anything.

Can anybody describe exactly where in the bin the filter is supposed to sit? When I drop it in from the top should I leave the top of the filter at the tabs or push the filter forward/backward/down?

searched this forum and the standard STS and found no answer.

tia

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Re: Cabin filter installation

I need to do this . . .

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Tia,
    Good question. You know who might be able to answer that is ewell3. I think he works at Lindsey Cadillac. or you might ask Luke he may have some info on this. It's worth the shot.
    Russell

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i might be able to get some instructions that are better than your owner's manual for you tomorrow by asking one of my techs in our shop

but maybe this will help a bit (for now) ...

as far as i know there's really only one way that the filter can fit (besides being backwards to the correct air-flow direction) and it just slides down the slot and should be held in place nicely by the slot

i can ask tomorrow if it should be super tight or just lightly tight, but as long as you have the correct filter (CF130C) and have it in the correct air-flow direction you should be fine
    (now that i think about it, i'm not sure there is an air-flow direction - but if there is there will be an arrow on the side of the filter, like an hvac filter for your house)

also i think the top piece holds it in place so you may get a little movement with it off, but once it's on there's no movement (but there's no way to tell that since it is on)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Slo Mo Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks so much for the responses. I'm gonna pull the cover and have a second look, as I'm becoming increasingly convinced the old one was misinstalled by the previous owner.

The filter install is way easier than on my previous cars (BMW 750 and a Park Avenue), both of which required me to become a 9th degree yoga contortionist.

BTW: "tia" was "thanks in advance," not my name.

krs1100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 seville sls

I've got a 2000 Seville SLS, not STS. Do I have an in cabin filter? My owners book, the little one that came with the car, mentions one, but i don't see one anywhere near the gas pedal. Is that where it's at?

KRS1100

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

i just cant see how it gets installed in my 2008 v.I followed the manual instrucitons but still cant even see where it goes--do you haveto take out the battery??anyone have pictures they could post of where it goes--thanks

jerrylsantos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bump...
    looks like you have to remove the grill thats behind the battery and under the wiper arms.

anyone have any suggestions for an "easy" way?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

torched, do you not have this configuration by the passenger firewall corner under the hood?

#17, the cover comes off then you just slide out the old one and slide in the new one... very simple design
    i'm not familiar with what the owners manual says, but this is one of the times you can probably skip the directions there
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.