Bought Mine Today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Bought Mine Today in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I picked up a 2006 today and loving it so far. I do need a few things if there are ...
    GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Bought Mine Today

I picked up a 2006 today and loving it so far. I do need a few things if there are anyone on here that can help me out.

It has an intake of some sort on it that I want to go away. Im looking for the stock intake setup the throttle body to the airbox and if possible the cover for it all. Im not sure what intake is on it but its garbage. Let me know!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Re: Bought Mine Today

Congrats on the new ride! Love my 06 as well. Sorry no help on the air box.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Congrats!!

Can you describe the intake? It is either custom or possibly D3.

The intake is some poor excuse of anything. I would love to find a stock setup and just start over. The D3 stage 2 setup looks nice. I assume you have to buy stage 1 then add stage 2 which is way to expensive for my blood. I just want a factory set of tubes. The stock airbox is there. Its between the throttle and box is that i need.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I am working with Spectre Performance for a cheaper option. It should be ready in a couple of weeks. As for the factory intake, check with Luke at Lindsey Cadillac. There is a link on the right nav.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i can hook you up with the factory parts too...
    just sayin'
    oh, and
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

I have a completely stock intake soup to nuts from an 08 with less than 7200 miles on it. if you are interested in that LMK with a PM.
    I had the stock intake replaced with a D3 stage ! & 2, which I am unhappy with. I am working on a difference sort of intake right now
    which I hope will make better HP, and I am working on a different blower than the stock. That is really all I can say about this as I have a partner which perfers to keep it off the digest for now until it is finished. Which maybe a while. D3 has some issues they need to address with me also so the car is layed up for a while. LMK if interested.
    Russell

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Hello and to the Cadillac forums. How about post a picture of this current poor excuse of anything so we can check it out

Quote Originally Posted by cad08stsv View Post
    I have a completely stock intake soup to nuts from an 08 with less than 7200 miles on it. if you are interested in that LMK with a PM.
    I had the stock intake replaced with a D3 stage ! & 2, which I am unhappy with. I am working on a difference sort of intake right now
    which I hope will make better HP, and I am working on a different blower than the stock. That is really all I can say about this as I have a partner which perfers to keep it off the digest for now until it is finished. Which maybe a while. D3 has some issues they need to address with me also so the car is layed up for a while. LMK if interested.
    Russell

I cant PM yet, I would love to see what you would sell it for. As for the vendors at that Cadillac Stores please send me a quote.

I will post pictures of the mess I was left with once I have its replacement.

I dont need the air box, for some reason its 100% there. Everything between the airbox and throttle body is garbage. Please!

how much do you need? it's all sold separately as seen in the illustration above
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

how much do you need? it's all sold separately as seen in the illustration above[/QUOTE]

I dont know if the graphic cutoff but none of that. The factory box is in place. The tubes that go around the supercharger to the airbox have been cut and modified.

ok. i thought you meant that
    i'll post up another illustration in a while

sweet thank you. I also have to figure out whats up with the reverse sensing. Its always red? The system tells me no errors its just maxed out red all the time.

i can ask someone about that on monday for you

850 & 854 ??
    (851 & 852 come with 854, but 825 does not come with 850 it comes by itself)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.