New owner here! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New owner here! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN What MOPAR did you have? You will haveto let us know what you think of the ...
    STS-E is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Re: New owner here!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    What MOPAR did you have? You will haveto let us know what you think of the differences.
    I will let you know what I think of the difference.

I HAD(tell you about the had part) a Chrysler 300C SRT8 with a Built motor (CAI, Exhaust, Diablo Sport tuner, UD Pulley, bigger ported TB, ported intake manifold, Intake spacers, upgraded heads, cam, Tuner by Diablo Sport, and a few other things). It was straight motor & I got 600hp to the crank with 500rwhp, having the drive train eat up around 100hp (17%) in those cars. On everyday tires when I would go to the track I would be 12.3-12.4, I figured with slicks I could be in the 11's. But getting slicks wasn’t really a big deal. That big 4200lb boat was fast!! Only bad thing was 10mpg on city due to all the upgrades & spending $250 a tire on some decent 20inch tires. Back to the HAD part....... 6 weeks ago TODAY I was walking out of my house to go to work with my keys in hand, but there was only 1 problem....... No car...... Yeap, my car got stolen from my house. Came in the middle of the night & towed it. Still haven’t found it. Some rich dude in S. America is prob laughing at me now as he floors it. They came with a tow truck & took it at 3:30 in the morning. Police really didnt/havent done anything even with GOOD leads. W/E. So I had to find a new car and I came across the STS-V. So here I am today, former Mopar guy now a GM guy. I am looking to do a few things to my new car so I could use your help. I would like to get those clear tail lights, preferably the Euro kind with the orange turn signal. Do you have part #'s for the US clear tail light & the Euro clear tail lights? I would also like to get the clear 3rd brake light, anyone have a part # for that? The GMPP exhaust, I read there are 2 different sound options for the exhaust, any opinions on either(I don’t want DRONE, Drone in my SRT8 was HORRIBLE, so least drone as possible BUT nice sounding exhaust) and part # for gmpp exhaust? Also what is the news on the CAI? I will preorder if needed. I would like to get a lockpick or something like it, also any way to add a backup camera to our units through such device? Finally for now want to add the CTS-V shifter knob, any part # for that? Eventually I will have my SC ported & car tuned for a little more ponies but I'm not going to go as crazy as I did with my SRT8. I know the guy in Tampa is looking for a demo car for his chiller thing, but I don’t feel like braking my warranty just yet, otherwise I'd drive up to Tampa & let them put it on my car to see how it works. Also what is this thing I hear about rolling up the windows from the steering wheel?? Am I wrong?? Any other cool things to do to these cars that I should know about? Anyone do led side markers? I appreciate all the help you can and look forward to being on the forums with you guys.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: New owner here!

I would get a Corsa exhaust you do not want drone. Corsa does not make an exhaust specifically for the STS-V, but the STS will fit after bending the hangers a bit. I understand the Borla/GMP kit has a drone reduction available to add to the kit. You will spend about $1000 for the clear tailights and third brake lights. Part numbers have been posted, but you will need to search.

Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.