New owner here! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New owner here! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN What MOPAR did you have? You will haveto let us know what you think of the ...
    STS-E is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Re: New owner here!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    What MOPAR did you have? You will haveto let us know what you think of the differences.
    I will let you know what I think of the difference.

I HAD(tell you about the had part) a Chrysler 300C SRT8 with a Built motor (CAI, Exhaust, Diablo Sport tuner, UD Pulley, bigger ported TB, ported intake manifold, Intake spacers, upgraded heads, cam, Tuner by Diablo Sport, and a few other things). It was straight motor & I got 600hp to the crank with 500rwhp, having the drive train eat up around 100hp (17%) in those cars. On everyday tires when I would go to the track I would be 12.3-12.4, I figured with slicks I could be in the 11's. But getting slicks wasn’t really a big deal. That big 4200lb boat was fast!! Only bad thing was 10mpg on city due to all the upgrades & spending $250 a tire on some decent 20inch tires. Back to the HAD part....... 6 weeks ago TODAY I was walking out of my house to go to work with my keys in hand, but there was only 1 problem....... No car...... Yeap, my car got stolen from my house. Came in the middle of the night & towed it. Still haven’t found it. Some rich dude in S. America is prob laughing at me now as he floors it. They came with a tow truck & took it at 3:30 in the morning. Police really didnt/havent done anything even with GOOD leads. W/E. So I had to find a new car and I came across the STS-V. So here I am today, former Mopar guy now a GM guy. I am looking to do a few things to my new car so I could use your help. I would like to get those clear tail lights, preferably the Euro kind with the orange turn signal. Do you have part #'s for the US clear tail light & the Euro clear tail lights? I would also like to get the clear 3rd brake light, anyone have a part # for that? The GMPP exhaust, I read there are 2 different sound options for the exhaust, any opinions on either(I don’t want DRONE, Drone in my SRT8 was HORRIBLE, so least drone as possible BUT nice sounding exhaust) and part # for gmpp exhaust? Also what is the news on the CAI? I will preorder if needed. I would like to get a lockpick or something like it, also any way to add a backup camera to our units through such device? Finally for now want to add the CTS-V shifter knob, any part # for that? Eventually I will have my SC ported & car tuned for a little more ponies but I'm not going to go as crazy as I did with my SRT8. I know the guy in Tampa is looking for a demo car for his chiller thing, but I don’t feel like braking my warranty just yet, otherwise I'd drive up to Tampa & let them put it on my car to see how it works. Also what is this thing I hear about rolling up the windows from the steering wheel?? Am I wrong?? Any other cool things to do to these cars that I should know about? Anyone do led side markers? I appreciate all the help you can and look forward to being on the forums with you guys.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: New owner here!

I would get a Corsa exhaust you do not want drone. Corsa does not make an exhaust specifically for the STS-V, but the STS will fit after bending the hangers a bit. I understand the Borla/GMP kit has a drone reduction available to add to the kit. You will spend about $1000 for the clear tailights and third brake lights. Part numbers have been posted, but you will need to search.

Bob

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.