Coolant Temp Threshold Limits?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Coolant Temp Threshold Limits? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; **EDITED** Anyone know what the actual Temp of the low end threshold is? I know we have 180* T-Stats from ...
    PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Coolant Temp Threshold Limits?

**EDITED**
    Anyone know what the actual Temp of the low end threshold is? I know we have 180* T-Stats from the factory but wondering what is the actual temp of the cooler threshold is.

For example..... Since our T-Stat is 180* Factory, would a 160* set a code?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jmak135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

Re: Coolant Temp Threshold Limits?

yes it would the vehicle needs to be at a certan temp to obtain colsed loop u can get that adjusted by having youre car tuned by like a hp tuner software they can adjust the thresholds it will throw a check engine light for to cold for to long

No offense, but I am looking for a tech or tuner (like Jesse) to answer the question as we have some running around here. Or someone working at a Dealership.

I am well versed in tuning and tuning software and know that it can be change with software.

P.S. Perhaps you noticed I am an authorized Vendor here? I know a few things about cars and tuning. Just wanted a solid answer to the question.

**EDIT**
    So let me be clear. What is the actual temp that if our car is lower then this temp it will set a code

I am a master technician and own a automotive repair facility .
    DTC p0128 engine started (cold), ECT signal less than 176ºF at startup, IAT signal more than 20ºF, engine runtime from 1-22 minutes, MAF signal from 10-35ºF, vehicle has traveled over 0.5 miles at more than 5 mph, and the ECM detected that the minimum ECT sensor signal of 176ºF was not met under these conditions.

This code sets in 2 Trip(s).
    This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) TO BE CLEAR 176ºF FOR 2 DRIVE CYCLES.

See........THAT is exactally the answer I was looking for. Not some "OLAY" BS with tuning garbage. You can change and tune for almost anything. But stock perameters is what I was looking for. That is why I didn't say anything about "With proper tuning".

Thank you!!

my pleasure

Given you experience and knowledge you will be a valuable asset to the community.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.