What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Getting ready for the 3rd set of tires, and I think I want to go away from the Pirelli run ...
  1. #1
    BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    186

    What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Getting ready for the 3rd set of tires, and I think I want to go away from the Pirelli run flats...

    What tires are most liked on the STS-V?

    What about sizes--is it better to stick with the 275/255 or what about going up?


    Thanks for the feedback.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    PGA2B's Avatar
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Here is one thread. There are several others as this has been discussed any times. Do a search and you will find multiple threads to look at.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ires-best.html

  4. #3
    Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    302

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    I've always stuck with the stock sizes, since with all the electronics did not want to mess with that . .

    On my 4th set of tires . . . and have yet to find a QUIET tire . . . so now since I burn through them I buy cheap . . .

    Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S . . . very big and meaty, I really liked how those looked . . . but developed and bad noise, and GY silent recalled them.

    Bridgestone Turanza Serenity . . . OK tire . . . but as they got old got noisy and vibrate the car . . .

    Latest set.

    Hankook Evo V12 . . . for the price they are nice tires, but alas straight out of the box they are noisy . . . not a big deal driving by ones self, since the radio and cover come, but with guests it is a bit embarrassing.

  5. #4
    PGA2B's Avatar
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger 93 View Post
    Hankook Evo V12 . . . for the price they are nice tires, but alas straight out of the box they are noisy . . . not a big deal driving by ones self, since the radio and cover come, but with guests it is a bit embarrassing.
    Thats weird.... I love mine. One of the quietest tires I have ever owned. I have about 7k on them now. The best part is that they were under $600 for all four (Minus mount and balance).

  6. #5
    BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    186
    Thread Starter

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Here is one thread. There are several others as this has been discussed any times. Do a search and you will find multiple threads to look at.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ires-best.html
    I figured that this would be a repost, but due to me being on my phone at the time (looking at tires) I was unable to search that much and was hoping for a quick response.
    I know it's a pain seeing multiple of the same threads, so sorry for the.
    Anyways, thanks for that link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger 93 View Post
    I've always stuck with the stock sizes, since with all the electronics did not want to mess with that . .

    On my 4th set of tires . . . and have yet to find a QUIET tire . . . so now since I burn through them I buy cheap . . .

    Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S . . . very big and meaty, I really liked how those looked . . . but developed and bad noise, and GY silent recalled them.

    Bridgestone Turanza Serenity . . . OK tire . . . but as they got old got noisy and vibrate the car . . .

    Latest set.

    Hankook Evo V12 . . . for the price they are nice tires, but alas straight out of the box they are noisy . . . not a big deal driving by ones self, since the radio and cover come, but with guests it is a bit embarrassing.
    I figured if the sizes weren't increased too much, and they were properly mounted/balanced, it wouldn't mess with the electronics.

    Sound isn't a big deal, just looking for something with a nice ride and/or look good.
    Definitely don't need vibration, nor am I a fan of Bridgestone.
    I'll do some looking into the Hankook; if not, I will probably go with the run flats again--by no means will I buy form dealer though.. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Thats weird.... I love mine. One of the quietest tires I have ever owned. I have about 7k on them now. The best part is that they were under $600 for all four (Minus mount and balance).
    Don't think that price could be beat on a set of nice tires. Money isn't an issue, but no way will I spent $600/tire. I've got a 1k miles or so left, which gives me some time.


    I did just order a set of new factory run flats for my xlr-v for $900 shipped-- would be nice to find the sts sizes

  7. #6
    jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Age
    56
    Posts
    801

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    The Hankook Evo has been the quietest tires that I have mounted on this car so far

    Bob

  8. #7
    PGA2B's Avatar
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    The total out the door was $592. At the time there was a $50 rebate from Hankook and I used BING to get a 10% cash back rebate. The tread pattern is aggressive also.

    Look at Toyo T1R. They have stock sizes and I sell them. I also sell Falken FK-452.

    If I can help you let me know.

  9. #8
    cadillac94pimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham,06 STS-V Black/Tango, 06 Hayabusa LE
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Delray Beach/Plam Beach Florid
    Age
    29
    Posts
    174

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Hankooks here also. I like them so far. Best tire I tried but only had a set in the rear was Bridgestone Re050
    They are very expensive and dont last long at all.

  10. #9
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a GM Service Dept
    Age
    42
    Posts
    942

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Didn't we just have two threads on this recently?

  11. #10
    BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    186
    Thread Starter

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    The Hankook Evo has been the quietest tires that I have mounted on this car so far

    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac94pimpin View Post
    Hankooks here also. I like them so far. Best tire I tried but only had a set in the rear was Bridgestone Re050
    They are very expensive and dont last long at all.
    That is good to hear; sounds like this could be the best route.

    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    The total out the door was $592. At the time there was a $50 rebate from Hankook and I used BING to get a 10% cash back rebate. The tread pattern is aggressive also.

    Look at Toyo T1R. They have stock sizes and I sell them. I also sell Falken FK-452.

    If I can help you let me know.
    Thanks for that. If I do this, I will get back with you if I need any help or info...

    Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Didn't we just have two threads on this recently?
    I think that was already stated above.... ---sorry for the 3rd thread.

  12. #11
    PGA2B's Avatar
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    He's just busting your chops.......

  13. #12
    LITTLEELVISDAN's Avatar
    LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    My Toyo T1-R's have the best grip of any tire I have put on and have lasted the longest. I know those two things should not be in the same sentence. But I'm not lying. and quiet as can be

  14. #13
    BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    186
    Thread Starter

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    He's just busting your chops.......
    I know, I'm a quite guy on here with low post count. I do the same thing to newbies on the jeep forum where I have 9k+ post

    Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    My Toyo T1-R's have the best grip of any tire I have put on and have lasted the longest. I know those two things should not be in the same sentence. But I'm not lying. and quiet as can be
    How many miles did, or are you expecting, to get out of them? Would you say quieter than run flats?

  15. #14
    jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Age
    56
    Posts
    801

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    If you want a slightly wider tire in the rear you can get BF Goodrich 295/35-19 which are very slightly smaller in diameter than the stock size. I believe someone on the forum is running BFG tires. I have the Hankooks and so far they have been the best tire for me on this car.

    Bob

  16. #15
    LITTLEELVISDAN's Avatar
    LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: What tires are everyone going with? -- other than the run flats.

    Havent looked at exact mileage Ill check when it gets back today. but I am sur atleast 20 k so far and half tread left. Verry quiet... Still at half tread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting